Vekked - 2014 DMC Online set

Vekked

Not a bad setup man. The only negatives, I would say, are that your decks are different colours and that picture frame on the right could do with being turned a few degrees counter-clockwise. Other than that, it looks good.

EDIT - My bad. I thought this was the "post a pic of your setup" thread.

• Like 2

Haha, it's a really good routine man! Lots of variety. Is the bit at the beginning not the sort of thing you were dissing in a previous routine though? Also, where's the beat playing from at the start? A third source?

Thanks man :d. Oh you mean like the actual Shakespeare intro bit? I suppose it kinda is, but a pretty light version, not really meant to give the deception of being more technical than it is or anything.

The beat's playing off the sample player for the intro.

P3kt0ne! Did you copy me in getting one silver one black 1210?

Or did I copy you?

I copied you after you beat me in that battle way back.

good work Jake ! nice to see you've been working on the ambi cuts. I like the scratch sample juggle over the sp6 beat - nice idea. Nice patterns in the talk dirty routine and a VERY well executed one hand drum cut / platter off juggle - not new ( i think) but hitting the pitch perfectly was pretty impressive. Ive seen some people already hate on the poppy tune selection 1) i have a feeling you wont be the only person using "talk dirty" 2) everyone says they want to hear tunes they recognise flipped - but i guess the haters want to see the same set ol set of hiphop classics juggled flipped again and again SMH.

the scratching in the first min was awesome man. Really cool. I also was confused about where the music was coming from tho. The rest was very diverse and dope but less cohesive as the first minute. Good luck man!

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

I wuz too distracted by the gold records in the background to see OR hear...

or breathe........

or live and love.........

or crack one out...

no more.

A poem by P F Thursday.

Good stuff, i guess, but that's based on no visual or audio evidence, it's pure guess work, so i wouldn't trust my opinion. Can you redo without the gold disks so i can see/hear it?

• Like 1

YOU KNOW THEY MAKE A SPIRIT LEVEL APP FOR IPHONE P.S. WHAT HAPPENED TO KEEPING IT UNDERGROUND? THIS GOES AGAINST EVERYTHING YOU STAND FOR ETC ETC ETC

LOL I know man, I've went against my own morals... I sold out :(

Thanks for checking dudes!

Kut Class - yea man, people want to hear recognizable tracks, then when you do that, they hate for using tracks that are TOO recognizable, sigh... the ambi cuts in this take were pretty bad, I was quite a bit cleaner in other takes but this take my juggles turned out really well and I ended strong so I went with it. The first routine is the sloppiest part relative to how I intended it, but best overall take I had.

Phil - the routine itself is pretty shit, I made it in a night, I mostly just wanted to show off the plaques anyways and hope that the judges will pick based off of previous battle success rather than technicality/musicality/whatever other nonsense they usually talk about that doesn't matter

JHouse - thanks a lot man, I like to think this my best 6 minute so far too :). I think my previous ones had some good bits but also had some wack parts/filler, this routine is a lot more consistent with very little stuff that is there just to be there, and all of the routines are developed and all go somewhere. In previous years I stuck stuff in my juggles that I wasn't 100% sure about or I put it in cuz I wanted to make sure I exhibited some arbitrary skill, but these ones I trimmed all the fat.