Cut & Paste Record Shop now online

Guest Symatic

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

I did wonder that myself, but am also happy to both get the record early and support Sy and the Darc-meister's first scratch record.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be a dick and I'm more than happy to support this project and would gave happily paid more for the record.

But in my experience, people don't like to pay more for postage (in their own country) than the cost of the record. Also, if you've paid £12.50 and your record turns up with cost of postage printed on the label as £4.30, people will get salty.

The other possibility is the Post Office said that an LP is too big to go in their "Small Parcel" category... they tried this bullshit on me once, but it's not true and if this is the case, it would totally explain the postage bump.

If the project is costing more than expected however, I'd recommend upping the cost of the record to recoup the difference.

So yes, in a round about way, I'm saying I'll wait to have mine brought down at CSBBQ/SSS. Also, there's meant to be two extra copies coming to me to pass on to Rob - he spoke to Darcy about it apparently.

They've been sending them as "medium parcel" rather than "small parcel".

Anything that fits through the Small Parcel slot and weighs no more than 1kg, will be £3.20, so you can easily get a couple in there for no extra cost too.

All I would say though is that some fancier style mailers can be a little wider than the designated size slot. I usually just put the parcels on the scales and tell them it's "1st class Small Parcel". The other day sent one in mailer that didn't go through the slot and I thought I would be penalised it apparently there are two types of Small Parcel and I was fine - size restrictions on a "Wide - Small Parcel" are 45cm x 35cm x 8cm... Probably worth checking your mailers before start a brawl in the Post Office.

Guest Symatic

dickheads! I ended up paying even more for this tracked and signed! i even said to them i just sent some of the exact same dimenstions and weight two days ago and it cost less. they just stared blankly and looked at the scales.... it says right in their price list how much it is.... what the frik?

and i lost some headphones last night at a free gig.... not my day today!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Symatic

Got mine today. Totally flat, nice weight and some good samples on it. A very happy customer, now if only I had a turntable with ultra pitch!

You on a technics? Kabusa.com do ultrapitch mods for them now!

Glad youre liking the record!

Guest Symatic

Just got my records now also. Nice work.

Is the 99.99 side supposed to be -20% and the 133 -40%.

There no rules but if im scratching over a 70bpm beat i would be at -45 on the 133 or -40 on 99 but would be on 45 mode too, so i guess around -20 yeah.

Yo. Just a reminder I'm gonna grab mine at csg . Also trice asked me to grab his too.

Fyi I've used Hermes for rec's. If u drop off at ur local collection point its 3.80 for signed first class. royal mail r a stitch up.