SSS22 @Rye (ThEE post CSG BBQ sesh)

Dubba Dutchdj

With the recent announcement of the CSG BBQ at Brighton we’re happy to confirm the post CSG SSS bank holiday weekend cut bonanza is back for a 3rd year!

For those who’ve yet to experience what is basically the equivalent to xmas for scratch nerds, the SSS crew roll down to Brighton CSG BBQ to witness some of the very best turntablists from all over Europe perform there take on the art form. This year we’re especially chuft to support SSS’s very own badman Symatic first performance at CSG. Sy nails that sweet spot between hip hop and tech giving his cuts a super ill flow, big ups and good luck bro!

Once CSG is done blowing the roof off, most of SSS crew head back to the scratch palace down Rye (hour via car or train) for late night cuts. Like previous years we’re happy to let people sleep in the studio on saturday eve, space is limited so do let us know if your planning to stay for the night.

Once SSSunday finally lands we kick the day off with a trip to the local greasy spoon, get some ballast on board and commence fader bothering from 12ish till 7pm. The BBQ will be fired up mid session and in reply to Gav raising the SSS BBQ game at Whistable, Matt mentioned something about Kobe beef fillets, roasties and peppercorn sauce……

(probably jus be burgers and bacon though)

Sunday 24th August 2014

Fishmarket Road

Rye

East Sussex

TN31 7LR

12-7pm

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone thinking of popping down for this little sausage fest?

After Gav (metaphorically) pulled my pants down with his BBQ skills in Whitstable, I'm going to have to up my grilling game a little bit. So I could do with getting at least a vague idea of the numbers we may have for this one.

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

I can't make it :( :(

W.......T........Fuck. Can't you make CGS either or just SSS (which will now stand for Severely Spurned Sadmen, cos of your absence)?

Does this mean Mo and Phil are defo coming, seeing as you aren't and being that they've shunned you, so?

Still, looking on the small bright side, at least i can chief the double TT set up.

• 2 weeks later...

YOU KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS?!?!

TIME FOR ME TO WRITE IN OVERLY LARGE CAPS TO CONVEY A SENSE OF EXCITEMENT ABOUT THE UPCOMING SSS THIS WEEKEND!!! PUMP IT UP DOODZ!!!!
WOO, PLUS CSG IN BRIGHTON!! HOORAY! IT'S ACTUALLY NOT SUPPOSED TO PISS DOWN FOR ONCE!! HOORAY!!! SY IS PLAYING!!!!!
AND A CRANK HOLIDAY WEEKENEND!

WOO LETS HAVE FUN!

FIN.

• Like 2

yes mate !!!! superscratchyweekend ! im so looking forward to CSG BBQ ,Getting Cadence record , SSSunday BBQ Rockwell vs. Sqratchsac , SSS new and improved QnA and seeing the beys ;-)

I may have been involved in a bit of online BBQ willy waving... "Chew on this fillet steak", "taste my marinade, bitch", etc.

Now in the cold harsh light of day, I wish to officially retract my statements and blame bravado and my own big mouth.

I might go a little beyond just burgers, bacon and bread (a bag of lettuce maybe?) but I won't be able to compete with epic spread laid on in Whitstable.

• Like 1

I for one hope SSS in a few years time will have evolved into just hardcore BBQ battles that happens to have some music and have a confusing name

• Like 1

Aww, balls. Never mind i'm sure Gav or someone will record it.

You gotta make SSS though dude, i insist.

Maerry scratchmas everybody!

Day-um, Community Scratch Music was sick yesterday. SO. FUCKING. GOOD. Lucious grub, too.

Chile: Sorry for just busting off when i was speaking to you, i didn'nt mean to seem rude. I was enjoying our rap session v. much and intended to come back.

Anyway, BOOM SSS. We had precusor cuts last night when we got back last night.. Jeez, im tired again, though.

Come on Mo, get your buns down to Rye!!

Urrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......mmmmmmmmm...........scratching..........urrrrrrrr...........BBQ.......................too..............much.....red..............................mea..............................t............so..................tired.......

I did feel a bit like i'd been trapped by a cult who'd been brain washing me all weekend, and i mean that in a good way. Shit that was great. I'm such a lightweight though, i felt tired out a lot of the time. Maybe i should have had a break rather than scratching for about 5 hours straight.

Oh yeah, and sorry for getting that snes controller that was coming out of Mo's back and pressing up, down, left, right. a. b, then start as it seemed to turn on his beast mode.

Top bbq guys. Top session hosting, guys, cheers for that. Top cuts all round. It was like we never left CSM with the quality of cuts on display. Everyone did something super rude at some point, at least, with the likes of Adam, Sy and Paul going consistantly radio rental on the dex. Man, i just really love seeing everybody, too.

PROPS AND THAT TO SSS, CSM AND NOZL doodz.

• Like 3

Super fun time club was really really good this year, we binged hard on all the things we love, BBQ, beer, dope dope and scratching (to be honest i don't feel as awesome now as I did yesterday)

Great to see Symatic go down so well at CS-BBQ, dude got the full attention from a lot of heavy weight cutters. Chile's set was a bit fucking insane and I can easily say I've never seen a set quite like Deviants, proper entertaining.

Loved the late sesh after getting back from Brighton, Sy's sex music juggle set the tone for what has to be described as a rather tasty late night action jam.

Edit: The Mo flow..........

Chile: Sorry for just busting off when i was speaking to you, i didn'nt mean to seem rude. I was enjoying our rap session v. much and intended to come back.

i dont remember that happening lol. I had been drinking a lot though so its probably possible.. if that happens again make sure youre not in the corner of a room or itll be much harder to escape

Haha, that's good to know. I tend to overly worry about being rude to people when i'm feeling slightly less mentally well and anxious, as i have been a little recently, so it's just me overly ruminating more than anything.

You did a good job of not seeming boozed up, plus you made Gav have a pint of that strong cider you were quaffing and it made him a bit too dr-iz-unk for his liking, which was funny.