Laptop hard drives...

Possibly the geekiest thing I could ask...

Does anyone know of a good, reliable hard drive suitable for a laptop with LOW POWER CONSUMPTION ratings. Currently using a Momentus XT which is proving to be troublesome. Am considering a HGST 750GB Travelstar but am open to suggestions....

Basically I'm having problems live with my laptop overheating and the CPU going off the scale, it's only an issue with daytime summer gigs but an issue all the same.

I know the current one has a power consumption of around 3W and the HGST has a power consumption around 1.8W.

Less power = less heat.

Less heat means more beat on the street, you get me.

Help greatly appreciated :)

Do have one of those stands and although I didn't have it Saturday when the problem was, I don't think it would have been much help.

SDD would be nice but I want at least a 500gB drive, or else I'd need an external plugged in most of the time. A 500gB SDD is out of my budget.

i used to have a laptop with a series of old cpu fans stuck all over it. a stand with a fan in it underneath, and a regular cleaning with compresed air. that was the only way to stop it from overheating in the italian summer sun.

the fan that made the real diference was one that blew into the air intake. the rest were just for good luck. it was controling the lights via dmx, so i really didn't want it overheating mid show.

unfortunatly during a cleaning session i forgot my anti static training and fried its usb controller. now i use cheap netbooks for this kind of thing.