13 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the winner?

• Diggla
    • Symatic
    • Pete Sasqwax
    • Wax On
    • d00ban

Guest petesasqwax

1. makes me wish Jodorowsky had made dune even more than I already do (a good thing)
2 . vintage Morricone - I've used that bad boy on a mix before. fine choice
3. (mine)
4. absolutely love the Allo Allo idea! mondo props!
5. getting tired of telling d00bs that he killt it (d00bs - you killt it, blud)

They were all really good, although Pete should be disqualified for entering a beat battle with something that doesn't have a beat. :p

My vote goes to Symatic with d00b a close second.

• Like 1

Guest Symatic

diggla: dune kills it. good cutting beat.

me: morricone samples are fuckin easy. cheater. and it sounds like shit, what did you sample? youtube? jeez.

Pete: serrious death sounds. i knew chewie was a vicious sexual predator underneith that furry exterior.

Wax: i think you win the sample flip prize, petes chewie sample is rediculous too but yours got my head noddin

D00B: sick beat, most finished, profesh sounding i reckon. cant place the sample? sounds familiar but i dunno....

jolly well bravo chaps!

• Like 1

Wow they are all amazing! My two faves are Wax and d00b... Gonna have to listen to them each a few times more before voting. Great job guys.

I had to go for Symatic. Something about that beat grabs me h0ard.

we're all an enjoyable listen. will they be up for downoad at any point? would love a copy on my ipod shuffle (yeh; I'm a baller)

I had to listen over and over but finally settled on doob. Brilliant work guys. Really hard to decide.

Guest petesasqwax

I'm particularly proud of the response mine has got. Amusingly, away from here I've had various folk make me promise that I'm going to do more like that in the future :d

• Like 2

Pete, yours is like some low budget 70s Italian score music (and I mean that as a compliment, of course), nothing could score the scene more perfectly but when people listen to it in isolation they get all uneasy and scared.

Based on this and some of the psyche stuff of yours I've heard, I reckon you'd do a fine job of scoring a cult 70's Euro horror movie. Maybe now is the time to start making your own short film to score.

Guest petesasqwax

hehe - thanks mate, very much appreciated. The bottom line is - I don't even know if I like mine, so I don't necessarily expect anyone else to. I do feel really pleased with having been able to do it and the prospect of being able to make almost anything from next to nothing is damn exciting to me. It's funny you should say that about making a short film, y'know...

Pete - like we said before, if you can have a bit of fun and experiment here, then where can you do it?!

Also, you get extras street cred for sampling a sample - all wookie noises were National

Geographic type recordings of bears, lions and walruses comped together and sampled on to tape... no doubt with a bit of tape splicing and re-recording along the way.

Guest petesasqwax

Definitely!

As with any form of experimentation, I've also learned a lot of things which I can then incorporate into my regular production work too. If I can do that with random sample sources, sampling my own playing (which I've done for a while) can then progress to a whole other level beyond what I've been doing already.

you should make a film about DV. and the twist is, we all get cast as different members. Dopp could be Steve, I could be dopp, and LEON could be me (cos he's a badass) etc etc

I'm Ryan. I've always wanted to do a transgender role.

• Like 1