please help: Kickstarter for Skipless Vinyl!

Guest Symatic

Guest Symatic

we did it!

we've hit the £600 mark, but please don't let that stop you if you want a copy - any extra money raised is going straight into the project and would help with things like artwork and even pressing a larger run if we raise enough.

Thanks so much to everyone who's contributed! We're gonna move this out to you guys as soon as we can!

• Like 6

I'd like to participate (I'd like to have doubles please). But do I really need to be in Facebook in order participate or am I getting something wrong??? I can paypal/bank transfer... :(

Guest Symatic

Yeah anyone wanting to not use kickstarter or facebook or whatever, just pm me and ill give you a paypal link.

Sorry didnt realise you needed facebook for kickstsrter. Layme

Guest Symatic

fuck fuck fuck, my paypal is empty, will it still be possible to buy one once the kickstarter ends?

Of course! We are pressing up at least 500, kickstarter is essentially pre orders.

If there is enough interest we will re press as well

Thanks for the support!

Etched hologram and scratch and sniff center labels too :-p

aparently the holograms on that jack white record are etched by hand by a crazy man. (on the masters, not the individual records, he's crazy, not stupid.)

locked grooves aren't crazy imposible next level shit, but not every mastering company can do them, since it requires a special modification to the cutting lathe, obviously a cutting engineer who knows how to do them. and you have to pay a bit more for setup.

just saying it would be nice though. i'm already happy!

i had a quick look on google and it seems that scratch and sniff stickers are infact, rare as fuck!

Guest Symatic

OK the kickstarter has finished - MASSIVE thanks to everyone getting involved and helping spread the word

we got enough for a really good pressing, and we'll have proper printed labels rather than it being a whitelabel thing.

So the audio is pretty much ready, just gonna finish testing it and make sure its ll gonna work right.

so the pressing process takes a little while - we're hoping to start shipping in july, i'll post here and facebook with how its progressing.

i haven't done lockgrooves i'm afraid moto - i've actually had these done on custom vinyls in the past and its really cool, but for this one it would have added too much to the time/cost of production i think.... but given the positive response so far, i'm hoping there will be a volume 2 on the way in the not too distant future!

anyway thanks again guys! fresh scratch vinyl on the way!

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

Dammit! I was hoping there'd be time for me to get on board with this so i can cop one. Never mind.

Guest Symatic

yo we haven't sold out phil - all the kickstarter orders are pre orders but once it's pressed there will still be a few hundred copies about!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't think I ever mentioned that mine showed up pretty warped. Not y'all fault but still sucks. That's the breaks of mail in the summer I guess. I largely stopped ordering recs for that very reason. It's usable still since it's skipless so that's good. Might see if I can try that ironing trick someone mentioned once.