New Beat Port Pro 2

d00ban

I've not checked this out yet (only just downloaded it) but looks pretty cool, I'm already super organised in my Itunes and use a similar tagging system for mood, energy, set times etc so this looks quite appealing (depending how well it works). Can't imagine it'll sync a lot of my music to beat port automatically but still might be useful.

I'll report back once I've played with it a bit more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_89saGWHGs

Likewise, I'm not overly impressed with Beatport. I had a £25 voucher to spend and I gave up in the end.

Also, once I played through every track in their 50 best Glitch Hop chart... there were some tracks by 4 different artists in there I already knew and liked, so I thought I might find similar stuff I might like. No, as it turns out - I don't just mean stuff I didn't like or was too old to "get", but music so badly made it wasn't fit for sale. It was like 40+ kids with no prior musical training or abilities had each been sat down for the first time in front of a DAW with a few presets for a day and been told whatever they could come up with by tea time would be going on sale that evening. This total lack of quality control completely soured my opinion of Beatport. I realise it might have been a particularly bad week, but I've done similar things on Juno and other sites and found some good stuff I didn't know... and none of them left me horrified by the lack of quality control.

Yeah I agree, I don't really buy any shit off beat port.

But I think this has potential for music organisation as it's aimed towards DJs. Apparently Serato and Traktor haven't yet introduced the "special fields" that this programme uses but they have agreed that they will do which is pretty cool.

That program looks pretty good. It's Mac only though and I dunno if I'd ever be arsed to go through my collection and enter in the info for each track. I think if I was still gigging I'd just use crates/playlists that I update as and when.

I use smart playlists, is pretty convenient as keeping on top of stuff otherwise is next to impossible for me. Basically serato / Traktor just need to introduce some more columns... If the out come of this programme coming out is that they do that I'll be happy.

yeah the big bug bear i have with Serato is that you cant sort by more than one thing within the main window, like by bpm then by genre which should group all things by genre and then bpm within genre. Instead you have to build smart lists which is just dumb (and slow).

Someone please tell me i've missed something ..

yeah the big bug bear i have with Serato is that you cant sort by more than one thing within the main window, like by bpm then by genre which should group all things by genre and then bpm within genre. Instead you have to build smart lists which is just dumb (and slow).

Someone please tell me i've missed something ..

Yeah, I hate that shit too. My work around is too drag a range of bpms into a playlist then sort that list by genre and drag only the specific genre I want into another playlist. It's kind of wack to go through these extra steps though.