Looking to buy a New Laptop & a Tablet

mattnice

Been using an old macbook for the last 3 years, Its just about to die, Im currently using an old toshiba laptop that does what it wants.

So i've decided to by a new one, Macs are stupid money new, so i'm gonna go back to a Laptop.

Can anyone reccomend one under £400.

I'll just be using it for running fl studio and recording mixes so it doesn't need to be superslick.

For my general sitting in front of the Tv Browsing im looking at getting a tablet any suggestions on a cheap but ok 1 ?

Cheers

Matt

Always feel like laptops in that price range are much of a muchness - look for the screen size you want and then see what is kicking about spec-wise. I've bought Acer, Asus, Dell and Lenovo in that price range and they have all been alright.

I use a Nexus 7 as my tablet, mk2 is now about for £200 or so (cheaper ones will be the mk1 which is lower spec - about 2 years old now). Been one of my most used gadget purchases.

I bought a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (specifically thinking I would use it for SSL) ... Turns out that it's awesome for just about everything else - except SSL.

It's not that it has problems running things, but the integrated graphics aren't that great. My waveforms on the screen are nowhere near as smooth as my old/slower Macbook from 2006.

That alone bugs me.