Live video we did a while back...

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

FUCK YEAH! That's brilliant. It made me feel like crying at the end, but it's early and i'm an emotional type of guy.

That's wicked the way you had those panned samples really quitely under her vox mid way through.

God, that sound so lovely, there's no elements of that which aren't really nice. Her guitar sounds so sweet, too, really nicely zingy.

So do you do the vox fx on her voice in real time or has she got a pedal on the mic or something? I remember seeing Roisin Murphy with a guy on ableton doing loads of nutty things to her voice in real time, v.similar. She's surely influenced by her in her singing style, they have the same sort of style.

It warms my heart to see someone i've known for so long and who's put so much work savouring the spoils of being super good at what he does. TOP WORK, GEEZ!

Nice one and yeah I can't even watch it really.... Just put it out there and let it do it's thing. There's another one to go up soon.

I have a pre made sample of her voice but the effects and stuff are done in real time. I want to run her guitar and vox live through my set up, but I can't get the latency low enough.

I'm aiming to rebuild the set and get it more CPU effective now that it's just two of us gigging.

The new stuff is quite a bit more electronic and I'm doing the drums live on Maschine.

Bless up Joel though, very much missed.

Guest petesasqwax

really need to get some audio setup here at work so I can check this. massively looking forward to it - looks massively intriguing mate - propers

Sorry for being abrupt in that post. I listened to it 3 times before replying (and twice since) and I did consider not replying at all, but I would rather give you my honest opinion (I didn't do a great job of that, admittedly). I think the music is ace. Regarding the singer, she has one of those love/hate voices I reckon and for me, unfortunately I was not a fan, particularly when she sings higher notes with vibrato. I don't know if it is, but her voice sounds a little affected to me.

No worries, it's an honest opinion.

Obviously I dig her sound or I would have never got into it. I like the fact that her voice does sound different. I've recorded quite a few poor, american R&B sounding people before and to my ears that's way more offensive....

Someone said to me once her voice is like Marmite......

I've been listening to this track a lot because I like the music. Yeah I wouldn't say I love the vocal style per say, but she is clearly good. Played the track though headphones instead of though my phone today and can hear the bass guitar. It's even better with the bass :-)