DVS Question

supacuts

I am alright with Traktor - I get what I want done but have never had go on Serato nor can I think of anybody whose I can have a go on.

I am doing a gig soon and the guy runs Serato. Rather than taking my setup, I was hoping I could just take a memory stick and use his setup.

Question is: how different is it? I am quite a quick learner so could I just figure it all out on the fly or should I make the effort to seek it out beforehand?

Most importantly, how easy is it to set up loops - I won't use any more features that I can think of?

It's a piece of piss.

A lot of my mates have done the same thing on my set up and been fine.

You just gonna stick all your tunes on a memory stick? You can add them as a temp crate on his set up and it'll work.

Loops and stuff you can control on the screen easily enough, pretty similar to Traktor I think.

Cue points are 1-5 left deck, 6-10 right deck

If you hover on the little question mark in the top right corner you can find out all the short cuts too, and if you click it then hover over something it'll tell you what it does.

• Like 1

Guest Symatic

I'd have a look at the shortcuts here to get familiar:

http://serato.com/manuals/dj-intro/software/1.0/shortcuts

and also make sure that in the settings they haven't left "shortcut keys use shift" selected, otherwise none of the shortcuts work without holding shift (obviously :p )

that setting is in settings/playback tab i think.

you can change the view so the tracks play sideways like some sort of weird traktor view, or you can see it like normal people where they travel upwards and next to each other.