Video editing help please

ericuk

I've got some student testimonials that I want to chop up, edit and stick over music. Movie maker is easy to use but one edit, or click of the mouse, or anything takes at least 10 seconds to action. its a shit program in my experience thus far.

Whats the best, easiest FREE program I can get this shit done with? I'm wasting precious hours here :-(

thanks for the link. I've downloaded it but it's late and the program is new and scary. I'll check movie maker is updated and pray for improvment or an angel to come down and edit it for me.

Jah Bless.

What format is your video in? Is it just the way u have to do things in movie maker that's long or is the computer takin long. If it is the second maybe you could transcode your footage to make it lighter on your system.

Guest Symatic

You could get a trial of adobe preimere which is fairly easy to use. Its fully featured for 30 days or summat.

Will prob takea while to download and figure out tho but theresloads of tutorials

FUNKY - it's the programe being really slow and non responsive. It shouldn't be a PC problem, but if its hd footage, there may not be a computer man enough to handle it?

It's a shame because I can use the program but it takes 10-20 seconds to respond to any action and sometimes it does nothing at all

When I was using a pc I had to transcode in order to play back an edit. You could try transcoding to something like an Avi with MPEG streamclip. If it works better then you know it's a case of the footage bein hard to process.