Wearable tech - are you interested in it?

Steve

So far, there's only really 2 types that look like they might take off - Google Glass and smart watches.

I have no real interest in Google Glass as it is now, but in the future I think it could be pretty amazing for things like navigation, augmented reality, video chats and stuff. I don't like the idea that people could be filming me though. At least with a regular video camera or phone, you can see if someone's holding it up and pointing it at you. Not that I'm paranoid or think that people would want to film me for some reason, haha, but it's still not something I'm comfortable with.

I don't think anyone has really nailed the smart watch yet. The new Samsung Gear 2 and Gear Fit look pretty cool, but I think I'd probably only use something like that if I did a lot of exercise as it's handy being able to see how far you've run/cycled, what route you took, how long it took you etc. It's definitely something I can live without though.

Guest Symatic

i would have google glass if it did predator vision. and night vision. and terminator vision. and if it made my voice sound like ahhhhnuld.

i also want hoverboards. yeah theyre wearable - they have a little hoop bit you put over your self-tightening trainer so they dont fall off.

i would also like a jet pack.

and maybe a robot glove that makes me into some sort of inspector gadget/robocop person. would be good for my fader hand.

oh and you could have like a rocket on your elbow so you could do mega rocket powered punches like some mecha robot.

like, where is the R&D for these awesome things? everyones just making loads of versions of the same thing. just let apple make iphones or whatever, and samsung can get on with the hoverboards, while someone else gets on with the jet pack.

jeesus do i have to sort EVERYTHING out myself????

• Like 3

A co worker just got one of those massive Samsung phones and the watch. The watch is tight. Expensive tho and I'd wonder about actual battery life.