android app suggestions needed

airnino

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.onavo.android.onavoics&hl=en

Onavo Extend lets you get up to five times more out of your data plan without changing the way you use your phone. With Onavo Extend, engage in more app activities, photo sharing, web browsing and more on 3/4G without breaking your data cap. The app lets you compress your mobile data so that you can do more with your Android’s mobile data month after month. And, if you travel abroad, Onavo Extend helps you stay within your roaming plan and saves you money while helping you do more with your data plan.

Onavo Extend is now even more powerful with its revolutionary universal data caching tool that uses your SD card to minimize data consumption of 3G/4G traffic without risking the freshness of your cached data. You can easily control the percent of your SD card allocated to the creation of your universal cache for a personalized Onavo Extend experience. The app also lets you optimize pictures when you share over 3G/4G, giving you control of how much data you use when you share photos. The Onavo Extend Widget helps you easily monitor how much data Onavo Extend saves you by app for increased app transparency!

I look on my phone and there is nothing that amazing on there.

I do like Swiftkey and I use Nova Launcher for my screen / apps layout.

I have iSyncr to sync my iTunes playlists

Handy things I find are Dropbox for storing lots of e-textbooks, and OneNote for keeping notes sync'ed between my desktop and phone.

I use Tapatalk for a few forums, though I'm never convinced its much better than just going to the forum in Chrome.

Games that I have are;

Radiant Defense

Words With Friends

Dizzy POTY

Dungeon Raid

GTA Vice City

NFS Most Wanted

Plants vs. Zombies

That's about it other than standard things like Whatsapp, Guardian, LinkedIn, Twitter, Skype, Banking blah blah.

utorrent is pretty handy, since you can use your phone like a memory stick.

UK gets a National Rail app , probably something like that in Germany.

Waze - it a car gps . I think the route planning is better than google and also has live traffic updates from other users.

Ebay - super handy for snaking people last minute.

JustEat - when your too lazy to cook or even call someone to deliver - tap in your takeaway order over the phone

ColorNote - its a note pad, but the best part is the widget. the list widget can be edited and saved in 3 clicks from the home screen , which make a difference if you just wanna take a quick note.

Ring Scheduler - can schedule when you phone ringer is on - excellent if you forget to put your phone on silent at work.

Crome bookmarks widget - Recently discovered this and its made using the internet on the phone a much better experience. If your organised enough to use bookmarks, being able to quickly browse through bookmarks from the home screen and then one click straight to em , is much better than loading the browser first.

• 10 months later...

Got an app called show box. Probably dodgy. It's got free links to streamed movies and tv shows. I set it to play via allcast and then I can watch everything on a tv via chromecast :-)