any adobe audition wizards here?

adobe audition 1.5 says it has a automatic beat matching feature. NOW BEFORE everyone starts thinking that I am going to use that in all of my files, im NOT.

I read this: "Automatic beat detection - Find and mark beats automatically. This makes new loop file creation a snap and greatly assists DJs and others who need to quickly match beats between multiple files."

i just need it for some because i have so many instrumentals that i want to match up to accapellas and honestly dont want to spend all that time matching them by ear.

they are already close and not off by much, but i just wanted to ensure it was dead on with a few im having trouble with.

G

Guest Deeswift

OK, well you got me on that one! Never was aware of that feature. I guess it's a silly thing to ask if there's any help within the program cause you probably already checked. Sorry dude I have no idea.

Guest Deeswift

Been looking for a tutorial via Google but didn't see anything on the feature you are talking about. There has to be one somewhere though. I'll keep an eye open.

Guest Deeswift

Yes, Audition has the same right-click jobbie to change loop properties, etc. I'd imagine it's about the same as the later versions of CEP just as you said.

ok,

i checked that out and somethings are confusing.. like for instance, it shows the bpms on the loop properties box, but when i do a bpms outside of audition its a lot different than what audition says it is.

this is the box that i see when i pull it up:

now the third selection at the top, if selected will allow you to change the bpms.. "repeat blah at blah bpms..."

if i change the bpms there it goes through and time compresses the file which im assuming is changing the bpms??

sorry for being so stupid here, but i am trying to learn audition a lot more now and finding that i didnt really know jack shit before!

Okay here's the deal. I'm what you might call an Adobe Audition Wizzard lol. Anyway, the beatfinding function simply does not work properly for anything other than an amazingly simple beat. The way it works is by analyzing the wavelength for peak changes. Ideally, your beats will have a higher peak than the other sounds. Problem is, the peak differences are usually small and muddled at best. The result is that audition will find way too many beats if you lower the peak height, and hardly any if you raise it. The only way to accurately map beats is by hand, using the mark beat function (similar to the cue-marking function), and that takes forever. You're pretty much out of luck. And to tell you the truth, even if you could successfully get it to map out the beats, Audition is surprisingly bad at matching other songs or loops with beats that it has marked.

thanks guys... which is why i want fuggin serato skratch ...

i just have some stuff on my puter i want to mix and cant find it on vinyl for whatever reason and it sucks to be limited by my vinyl, which isnt small by any means but you get what im sayin....

anyway thanks for the responses....

yeah i know the whole concept of counting beats and being able to beat match etc and have a really good program that kicks ass at showing me the correct bpms for my music, which is hardly used, but my thing is, i have a bunch of files on my puter that i want to mix and then rework on my mixtapes.

but having to match them kinda by ear would take a bit of time and i wanted something that would assist me in that process so i can concentrate more on reworking my other stuff.

ha, i guess what im saying is that i wanted something to help me out with the grunt work... back in the day there were no computers or bpm software, you either counted beats and matched or you sounded like shit.. it was one or the other.. well for me it was like that.. i learned the hard way...

;)

thanks guys... which is why i want fuggin serato skratch ...

i just have some stuff on my puter i want to mix and cant find it on vinyl for whatever reason and it sucks to be limited by my vinyl, which isnt small by any means but you get what im sayin....

anyway thanks for the responses....

Yo fool, hit me up on msn....I'm CEP tech support for dozens LOL.

i have acid 5.0 installed.. can you give me some instructions on how to beat match files in acid?

keep in mind that i have never used it and need things spelled out!!

actually i read up on the beat matching wizard and it opened when i pulled a beat in.. it went through its deal and also gave me the bpms to the beat afterwards..

damn...... i like that.. im gonna mess with this for a bit and see what i can come up with.

thanks,..

G

the beatmapper changed the bpms on the second beat i brought in to match the first one which is great, but how do you get the tracks over to the right side so you can line them up and match the two tracks?

i have tried dragging and everything else! :@

Guest $mooth
the beatmapper changed the bpms on the second beat i brought in to match the first one which is great, but how do you get the tracks over to the right side so you can line them up and match the two tracks?

i have tried dragging and everything else! :@

I don't get what u mean by "how do you get the tracks over to the right side so you can line them up and match the two tracks?"

but if u mean it wont let u move the track to the left/right to line them up, it could be because the space u are trying to move it to is already occupied by a wave?

If not, and u mean u want to drag one track onto another, so u have 2 different tunes on one track, u can't. U just have to line them up one underneath the other.

A trick I learned off Clown is if u hold the Alt key while dragging the contents of a track left and right, u can move the wave without actually moving the 'box' which the wave is in.

If this is of no help, post up a screenshot with a coupla notes.

Guest $mooth

Ohh by the way, when u have beatmapped the tracks, make sure 'Preserve pitch when stretching' is not Ticked. Otherwise u will end up with timestretches.