ROUND 2 JUDGING THREAD (judges only please)

If you're a judge, please post your picks here. You just need to post who you think won in each of the 4 match-ups, but feel free to leave comments explaining your picks if you want to.

Points so far (3+ points required to progress to the semi-finals): -

Fakser: 3 (Winner!)

Mighty Atom: 2

Dopez: 0

IQ: 5 (Winner!)

waxdestroyer: 1

CHINMACHINE: 4 (Winner!)

JesusKut: 3 (Winner!)

Backtrack: 2

• Like 1

Wax Destroyer vs CHINMACHINE

I chose -

CHINMACHINE as he showed more all round variation, technical ability and good flow in his freestyle. Wax destroyer took the edge musically but there were IMO moments of excessive repeating patterns which meant there was less time for him to show more of his range of technique.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jesuskut vs Backtrack

I chose -

Jesuskut as he showed more challenging technique overall with a good flow. Was hard to decide though because at parts he sounded a little rushed, which is something Backtrack kept on lock throughout his freestyle. Backtracks technique at 27 secs to 30 secs got a few replays from me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mighty Atom vs Fakser

I chose -

Fakser as he showed a little more technique and difficulty with a dope flow. I prefered Mighty Atoms flow overall though.. was a close one deciding between the two.

IQ vs Dopez

I chose -

IQ as he showed IMO the most technical and original patterns with a tight flow and musicality. If there was a prize for most rapidly progressing scratcher it'd go to Dopez though. Real nice overall flow and technique. I'd say you edged it over IQ with variation. The transfers between the upfader and crossfader were seamless.

• Like 1

IQ vs. Dopez -

I'm going with IQ. Dopez came with some of the best I've heard from him at the end, but IQ was immense, my favourite vid of this round I think. Just some really dope pitching and phrasing, and some nutso techniques... hard to beat that combo.

Chin vs. Waxdestroyer -

I went with Chin. This was a really dope match, I thought both guys rode the beat really nicely and had a good flow. Waxdestroyer is dripping with style as always, but Chin has mad style too... I went with Chin based on variation. Wax had a few parts near the end that sounded a bit like the beginning, and there was a bit in the middle that was kind of repetitive for a few bars and that's enough to clinch it for Chin.

Fakser vs. Mighty Atom

I went with Fakser. Fakser had some crazy crazy pitching and using some unique techniques which gives him his own sound. The only thing I didn't like was that there seemed to be a lot of unintentional beat cuts through because he was moving the fader all the way to the other side on certain techniques. Mighty Atom was very clean and was riding the beat nicely as well, but I think Fakser was a bit more original sounding as well as being clean and flowing nicely.

Backtrack vs. Jesuskut

I went with Backtrack. This one might've been the closest to judge. I think it was said somewhere else but I felt like neither were at their best as far as riding the beat, but the beat is pretty out of the box as far as scratch beats go. Like chile said I think Jesuskut was rushing at parts, and I wasn't digging the phrasing for the last half. It just felt like go-go-go, not much pausing and stuff. There was some nice stuff earlier on but I thought Backtrack had more style and although he wasn't going crazy technical throughout I felt he sprinkled some nice techniques in there as well so I give it to him overall.

So I'm going for what I simply preferred the sound of.

All really sick videos.. Some amazing cuts all round!! Serious skills.

Iq

Backtrack

Fakser (close call for me though... Fakser scribble combos did it)

Wax destroyer... (Chin had it with the technicalities... But Jeff just did it for me personally :-))

• Like 1