Dj Focus "Ripples " Brand New Scratch! 1998/1999

Focus

My first post Scratch Fam...Nobody told me this is were all the activity was happening...

This a re-post from Skratchlounge and getting the word out now the my Scratch wheels

are rolling again...I still havent' seen anyone do it and it's probably due to the majority

of Scratch Ninjas are on the left side of the Turntable now...

Those of you proficient in the TTM System how would this scratch be transcribed?

1. The Ripples created in the 1998/1999 period by Dj Focus all documented

2. If you want to be on the first floor of some new innovative scratching here is your chance because not many people picked up on this and it's been waiting for
my return or for someone else to do something ill with it.

First let me give you and the readers the background since history needs to be retold.

1.Back in 97/98 I was just like everyone trying hard to come up with my own Scratch, the Flare and then Crab had come out and everyone had the same mission.

2. One of my favorite techniques was the Hydroplane especially seeing Mix Master Mike do them.

3. The Hydroplane sounds to me like a Reverb Effect so while brain storming for ideas I though what if Could add the Reverb Effect to every Scratch Sound while scratching with them...you Following here?

4. Then the concept came to me, how about Forward Hydroplanes?

5. After trying different things the last thing I tried was the Palm of my hand!
This was 1998. I tried and tried but all I was getting was drags with my palm, but it was so close that I new on was on to something....

6. Fast forward to 1999, My crew and I had just gotten back from "Bboy Summit 1999" where we debut the "Focus Fader" for the first time. I was at Dj M2's house (former crew member)celebrating his birthday and having a scratch session.He was on the phone with the girl dj from the crew Top Rawmen and I was trying to get that dam "Forward Hydroplane"...it was 2 am or so and then one time Blammmm! I got it haha. I got Mike (M2) of the phone we popped in a cassette tape and recorded the "Ripples" for the first time in history.

Later on I figured out that it was easier to do the "Ripples" with slippery slipmats. In the beginning I called them "Forward Hydroplanes" but they sound different,because the palm has more surface area then the finger.Then, I was thinking "Waving" because of the watery sounds like waves and from there came "Ripples" aka "The Vibrating Palm"

7. The initial idea is written in my books,It was recorded in 1999, video taped by Dj Infamous Allies 2000,Craze was supposed to the do it in his DMC 2000 routine but it was to soon and he didn't have time to practice it,ITF planned on releasing it in the 2000 video but where having money issues for the releases and at the same time Yoga was supposed come out with his new Scratch. Anyone Remember that? Turbo Frog? I wanted to wait for that too cause I new I had something better haha. old school Ego ish. It's all peace now.

8. The "Ripples Technique" is a technique because you can control how much of the Hydroplane / Watery effect to give the Scratch Sounds. You can start by doing Faderless Flares with the palm, I call that Taps Vs Clicks...

9. Focus "Ripples" aka Vibrating Palm

http://web.archive.o...proceedtop.html

Scroll and read about it.

http://hiphopgame.ih...com/djnews.html

If anyone has any questions or need help getting it down just ask.
Not too many people picked up on The Ripples and there is still plenty of
room to create new Styles and Techniques. The great thing is that you can add fader clicks to the Ripples and create some ill variations...

2 Click Ripples. 3 Click Ripples etc...

It's been a long assss 14 year wait...:-)...

Focus

www.djfocus.com

Edited by Focus