my IDA scratch Rd 2 vid

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

Cheers for that Vekked. I think i get what you mean, plus looking at the vid with what you said in mind i think i understand it. I'll have to give it a go in a bit.

Word, the hardest part for me was actually breaking down what each motion does because it looks so smooth when Keita does it and it seems like there's more sounds than there should be for what's effectively 2 motions.

i wouldn't even say vekked sounds just "like" anyone (in a positive way) but i'd rather say he has perfected his own flow

Thanks nino, that a huge compliment :). I def don't think I've perfected my flow by any means, but that's really nice to hear. I started out focussing purely on technique and didn't really pay much attention to style and phrasing and stuff for years, it doesn't really come naturally to me so I put a lot of conscious effort into it. Maybe it's the same for everyone but some guys from around here like John Rist/Brace/Veteran sure make it seem like they were born with it, lol.

• 3 weeks later...

dope vekked...since i last saw/cut with you @ Skratchmeat, you've been doin big things man..congrats. respect.

thanks man! damn we gotta have another skratchmeat sometime that was dope... doesn't happen enough around here

The cuts are really tight, but personally I didn't enjoy it as much as some of your other sets, maybe cos it didn't have the composition element to it

werrd, well yea this one was freestyle so I hope it isn't better than the routines I spend months on LOL. Rules were kinda strict in this too, like vinyl only and we had to choose from 10ish beats, so only so much room to get creative.