Beats by Dre

They are crap right? Overhyped cans only trumpeted by marketing execs and paid douches like LaBron, right?

What about this matchup for curiosity sake...

Audio-Technica: ATH-PRO5MK2CM ($79)

VS

Beats by Dre Pro

($399)

which would you pick ....both if money was a factor and if it wasn't

^^^ah, crazy. Figured they were shit

this is pretty simple - if it was, the AT, if it wasn't, the dre. if it was the ATH-m50 then it would be a little tougher...

Oooh. M50 pretty good cans?

The Beats by Dre Pro are nicely made and certainly feel like quality headphones, but I wouldn't buy them. The bass is too overpowering, while the mid-range is lacking. Some people like the fact that they accentuate the bass, but I'm not a fan. For 350 quid, I'm definitely not a fan.

What are you planning on using them for? If it's for home listening, save up and get some Beyerdynamic T1s. :p

^^I do love my 25s best of all.

I'm looking for something for recording Steve. The problem I his is my two open ear flat cans don't give me any bass. I don't know if I need a little amp for em or what but it's completely unreliable. Obviously I turn the monitors on when I can but for most of the time that's just not possible. So I actually *want* something a little too boomy. Maybe I do just need a headphone amp... IDK but te 25 is what sounds best. MUDs a little muddy but I'm ok with that given the situation.

Maybe my open ears are just shit. ATH-AD700 and HD555 are what I got. Like the 555 better.

Guest Symatic

you got a xone02 dont you dirka?

i think the headphone amps pretty dope in them, so you could try that with your open backs?

Dre's are shiiiiiiiiiit. the expensive ones maybe but theyre not worth that money. fuck that kinda brand power.

• Like 1

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

I can vouch for the Beyer 880's, as i've got them. They've got a great and fairly transparent bass response. The Sound on sound guys thought they were the best all round headphones for the price when they reviewed a ton of headphones.

You won't get better results by getting headphones that 'enhance' the bass as much as Dre's, it'll just make you eq, mix and process your tracks incorrectly for most other systems and will end up, if anything, making the bass on your tracks worse.

Get them if you wanna just reference what your mix sounds like on dre's though, seeing as loads of peeps have them, just don't use them as your main reference headphones.

I can vouch for the Beyer 880's, as i've got them. They've got a great and fairly transparent bass response. The Sound on sound guys thought they were the best all round headphones for the price when they reviewed a ton of headphones.

What Ohm?? 250, 250 Pro, 32 or 600?

^^^ah, crazy. Figured they were shit

this is pretty simple - if it was, the AT, if it wasn't, the dre. if it was the ATH-m50 then it would be a little tougher...

Oooh. M50 pretty good cans?

ATH-M50 master race here. Love them! They sounds great and they can take a beating (like Rihanna - oh that was bad, I'm sorry).

• Like 1

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

What Ohm?? 250, 250 Pro, 32 or 600?

Flex the specs:

Beyerdynamic DT880 PRO main features include:

• Semi - Open
  • Innovative bass refelx system
  • Rugged headband cosntruction
  • Single-sided coiled cable
  • Soft headband pad
  • Gold plated stereo mini jack (3.5mm) and 1/4" adapter
  • Transducer type: Dynamic
  • Frequency response: 5 - 35,000 Hz
  • Nominal impedance: 250 ohm
  • Nominal SPL : 96 dB
  • T.H.D: < 0.2%
  • Power handling capacity: 100 mW
  • Sound coupling to ear: Circumaural
  • Weight (without cable) 295 g

ok, i gave in and but the pro's. overall, if u wana use em for mixing on decks, don't. they r not flexible enuff. they hav a ear cup adjustment but, naaa , suck for djing imo. at first i thought they looked niiiice, now they r kind of annoying, just to look at, ha. but, the sound overall, for production or just listening to music, is blumming awesome mate.

• Like 1