New Scratch DVD on the way

Steve

The producers of the critically acclaimed turntable film “Scratch-The Movie,” are preparing to release “Scratch: All The Way Live,” a DVD that highlights the last night of 2002’s national Scratch Tour that finished in Los Angeles. Filmed at the House of Blues, the DVD features the X-ecutioners, Mix Master Mike, the Original Jazzy Jay, Z-Trip and others. The film will premiere at this year’s South By Southwest (SXSW) conference, which takes place March 11th-20th in Austin, Texas. The film will also be screened at the Winter Music Conference in Miami, Florida on March 23. A new North American Scratch Tour is being planned for spring 2005. “Scratch: All The Way Live,” hits stores April 19.

Guest Mike Reezy

I have some footage on this dvd. I am not sure what, but I sent my mini DV tape to the guy who edited this video last year.

The footage I sent was Qberts whole set that night (world premiere QFO shit) Jazzy Jays set, and a shitload of break dancing.

He told me he would definitely use some breakdancing and some of the other stuff.

I wonder if they will even put my name in the credits.

Anyways cant wait to see what footage they used.

I think this will be a bunch of footage from YogaFrog and roc raidas video cameras, alot of behind the scenes bus footage and shit, and apparently the last show of the tour

sounds good, lets go in on it and Ill send everyone a copy :)

• 2 months later...

I just watched this (courtesy of H ;)). It was.......OK. I kind of expected to see a lot of DJs, but the main feature is split into four sections - Jazzy Jay, Z-Trip, X-Ecutioners & Mix Master Mike. Each performance is interspersed with comments and short interviews. You only get about 15 minutes of each set which was kinda disappointing.

Jazzy Jay was representing the old school with some classic breaks. His performance was basically what you would expect from someone of his era. Z-Trip was really good with a varied mix of music and some good scratching. He got the crowd involved well too. X-Ecutioners set was basically one long team routine that was good, but nothing you ain't seen before. Mix Master Mike came with his usual crazy cutting styles on long tones and guitar sounds and dropped a couple of nice juggles too.

All in all, I enjoyed it but it did seem a little like they're cashing in on the back of the original Scratch movie. The extras are basically adverts for other DVDs and a graffiti slideshow. I would say it's worth a watch but it's far from an essential purchase.

Yeah just got this on Friday, pretty good, but as Steve said the sets could be longer, Mike fookin kills it though...he can really rock a crowd//

yeah the cutting session is awful....

i couldn't watch it all..

q's waitin for a gap to scratch but the noise keeps goin on...

you can see he knows its shit..

but scratch does some allright shit..

gets a bit lost and boring tho.

Yeah it was entertainin enough.. good seein some of the shows he plays....

****Editland ...and all the serious asian chicks

but it is under the title TTTV

it would be a bit more hilarious if it was MCUB and toadman with him... not yoga...

Edited by savwar

yea deffinitly didnt seem like a TTTV episode thats for sure..was deffintly fresh to watch his tour though....that chick from the filipines that does a shout out for TTTV and the one that does the tour of the hotel room for Q and them are wayyy foineeee!

yeah bu the hotel room shit is the one "funny bit"

and it goes on for fukkin ages...

as for that asian ting...

she may not be thai but she sure as hell can bangkok