DV updated 26/02/2013

Steve

I've just updated the forum to the latest version. There were nearly 200 minor bug fixes in this update, so hopefully it's sorted a few of the quirks.

If you have any issues, either reply to this thread or PM me. Cheers!

quoting properly works now, smooth

I figured out why embedded content is messed up.

In past versions of the board, when you copy and pasted a link into a post, the editor added URL tags to the link automatically, so it would look like this: -

[url=youtubelink]youtubelink[/url]
But that didn't matter, cos the forum software ignored the URL code and embedded the player anyway.

Someone complained about the above behaviour, because they said it made it impossible to just post a link to YouTube without it embedding. Invision then implemented this "fix": -

1. When URLs are copy and pasted into posts, the URL tag is no longer added.

2. If a URL tag is present, the content will not be embedded, so it will just display as a link. That means that you can use the "link" button in the toolbar to post a YouTube link that displays as a link if you don't want it to automatically embed.

3. If a URL tag is not present, the content will be embedded. So if you just copy and paste a YouTube link into a post, it will embed automatically.

In theory, the above is OK, but they either didn't consider backwards compatibility with existing posts, or they didn't test it.

I don't know how they're going to fix this, but I have complained and opened a support ticket. This is the 4th time in a row that an update has broken embedded content.