Doobs latest mix

d00ban

None of this is "beats", it's all hip hop :)

And "beats" is largely instrumental hip-hop, which is why the term is a load of balls.

Agreed, but the 'beats'-scene's largely conscious decision to stray away from mcs isn't in line with hip-hop ideology of mc/dj/graf/breakdancing working together. It has its own set of ideologies, even if some of them are shared with hip hop's. Its roots are most certainly hip hop instrumentals but as a cultural scene it's slightly different. There is on the whole more emphasis arrangement with the beat as lead too.

None of this is "beats", it's all hip hop :)

And "beats" is largely instrumental hip-hop, which is why the term is a load of balls.

Agreed, but the 'beats'-scene's largely conscious decision to stray away from mcs isn't in line with hip-hop ideology of mc/dj/graf/breakdancing working together. It has its own set of ideologies, even if some of them are shared with hip hop's. Its roots are most certainly hip hop instrumentals but as a cultural scene it's slightly different. There is on the whole more emphasis arrangement with the beat as lead too.

http://i.imgur.com/cHCoY.jpg

Is that pic meant to be implying confusion? It's a bit subtle! :blink:

I made a conscious decision to stray away from posting pics that have obvious emotive implications. Think of it as the "non-smiley" if you will. A blank canvas upon which your sub-conscious emotions will paint a picture that tells the world more about the you that you don't even know.

Is that pic meant to be implying confusion? It's a bit subtle! :blink:

I made a conscious decision to stray away from posting pics that have obvious emotive implications. Think of it as the "non-smiley" if you will. A blank canvas upon which your sub-conscious emotions will paint a picture that tells the world more about the you that you don't even know.

Wow, have you noticed signs of being wiser since your B-day Steve?

@ Jon, don't worry about it. I consider it a truimpth that we're half way through page 2 and nothing remotely gay has even been mentioned.

They do strike me as the kind of group that must put on a great show, and they have a few cool party jams, but rap-wise, not my cup of tea. Chali 2na is the only mc actually worth listening to, and it's all a bit cliché and tiresome. Then again, I started listening to rap like 6 years ago and listened to Feedback way before I listened to their first LP, so that can't help.