DJ Shadow booted/boo'd off stage

dissonance

Isn't the guy at the end booing cos Shadow is leaving? He doesn't start shouting shit until after Shadow has announced he's leaving, so it must be that.

from what I understand, they're pissed because Shadow's catching the boot. I don't believe they're booing Shadow's music selection.

http://opium.wantickets.com/Events/110157/NYE-2013-with-Carl-Cox-at-Mansion/

the more I've talked to people the more common this seems to be... in the past couple months I've heard this exact same type of thing about Q-bert, Jazzy Jeff, and D-Styles... seems somewhat standard that you'll get booted at some point when you're a big but non-commercial DJ because promoters hire you for your name without even having listened to what you do. Apparently Q-bert has been asked multiple times if he wanted to be a resident DJ in Vegas clubs and stuff just based off winning America's Best DJ and such things, lol.

from the little video it sure sounded like at least a vocal part of the audience would have preferred Shadow to stay on. Tix were $30 apparently, and Shadow didn't go on until 3am. No one who came for the DJ Shadow performance got their money back.

I have a feeling that it was some person or persons in the VIP section who had tons of pull, probably had no idea who DJ Shadow is, and just didn't like his tunes. Imagine having to be the guy who goes up to DJ fucking Shadow and says "Sorry bro, you have to stop playing because the crowd isn't feeling it." If they asked me to do that I'd probably quit first

• Like 1

"We offer our most sincere apologies to DJ Shadow and his fans for his set being cut short at Mansion this past weekend. This error should not have happened and will not happen again, especially as we pride ourselves on creating an environment that cultivates and respects innovators such as DJ Shadow. We have learned a lot from this error and made changes within our organization to ensure that Mansion’s vision, and the vision of our guests, will never be compromised again." -Mansion Nightclub, Miami