Innofader questions

ericuk

Last few years I got used to a pioneer fader and was quite happy, then changed to a pro x fade, now using an innofader and after each upgrade feel like i don't want to go back to the last, so, in my opinion its the best one of the three by far but haven't tried many others.

It was a pain in the ass to set up, and luckily someone helped me. It has been used quite intensely since buying new in March, and a few weeks ago I would have said go for i without hesitation...however it has just started to bleed. I tried to clean it and adjust the two dials which has got rid of the bleeding but now I can't seem to get the minimal dead space I had before....which is taking quite some getting used to...not convinced i'm adjusting the dials right so could well be me - as I'm sure it should last a good deal longer than 6 months or so...

This is an innofader pro that fitted straight into an 06 and an 05 without any modding required, bought from temple of deejays...probably not the cheapest place but it worked out so after shipping as I'm not in uk.

eric aka. DJ Sheep - If you're coming from a mixer with shitty faders (I had ecler pros on my xs-8), then yes it's worth the upgrade.

The caveat is if you already have an eternal, infinium, focus, pioneer optical, rane etc... then it's just a matter of preference.

I hate to admit this, but whenever I cut on a friend's ttm57 I'm able to cut with more accuracy and cleanliness - and I feel that the cuts themselves sound better (there's something about the way the rane cf actually 'cuts' the sound, it's almost like a fading cut).

So, I can't say that the inno is the best fader out there, but it's really the only decent aftermarket option IMO.

GRIPES:

1. Setting up the cut-in lag is hard because the dials literally have to be moved in increments of .1mm.

2. Be careful about bending the wiring too much when you move stuff around. I ended up breaking a few wires at the connectors and had to resolder them (thankfully extra connectors are included)

3. I wish tension adjustment didn't require removing the innofader. I wish it were more like the 909 where it's visible from the top.

Is this the dilemma that non-Rane owners face?

the faders themselves are ok... but the caps are probly the worse out there right nauw.

Actually, you completely wrong - the worst caps alway have been and always will be the stupid little Vestax lego blocks... rubbish!

I do have your back when it comes to Infinium love though.

Goonie - totally agree that Innofaders are one of the top faders and that it really comes down to personal preference between the best faders out there. Also, the Rane faders do actually have a minute fade (1/2mm maybe) rather than a brutal on/off cut, but like you say they have their own sound and i too really rather like it.

It's installed, which was simple enough. I'll give it a little blast later and let you all know how i find it. The lag adjustment is a breath of fresh air compared to making washers and spacers in other faders i've owned.

It has a weight to the stem that may take some getting used to, but the build feels really sturdy.

It feels clicky at the ends, as if metal is on metal. I've always has rubber or plastic to hit. I don't see it as an issue but it makes the fader a tad noisy.

Anyway, can't wait to give it a pounding!

I guess it feels sharper and smooter to me is the easy answer.

Sharpness of inno can be calibrated as low as 1mm of dead space, so it's like on/off switch. Pro X needs cleaning from time to time and costs as much as inno.

Yeah it's set to the sharpest (after the major ass pain setup). I just like my X better for feel, smoothness, sharpness (pretty equal), etc. Everybody that's been over and tried both agrees too. I tinkered with my X to get the feel I wanted (same w inno)... But could never get the inno perfect. The X is perfect (for me at least).

Good point there Matt ^

Id be interested to hear your thoughts on cut sharpness Eric? Inno is my favourite feeling fader by some distance but I do think the cut is quite soft, esecially when compared to a the new 05 fader or the infa red 707/909 fader.

And nice one for the heads up in regards to Juno OG b stock.

it was more of a tit than a clack :-)

I set it up by moving the fader too the opposite side with sound playing. Turned the lag so low that the fader didn't work and then gently wound the dial back until the sound just cut out. There is now no lag. I left the curve halfway on the fader and use the curve on my 06.

As for the curve/sharpness, I cant imagine wanting it to be any sharper (if possible). I cant say its sharper than any other faders, but it's "up there" with them.

Have you brought the BStock for your inno army? :-)

ps I saw your scratchophone on the company website... How sad am I that I took pride in having "met" it in real life? :-( lol

EDIT: had a cut in headphones and there IS a curve. I dont know if adjusting the internals would make it sharper, I'm happy to have a play if you'd like me to find out?

Ah ye scratch bongo site, hopefully the other uk scratchophone guy All Thumbs will bring his to an SSS one day.

Inno army :) nice. The up fades on my 08, one is pro and the other OG. The pro could be put to better use as it'll fit in more mixers so I'm tempted to grab another OG.

In regards to sharpness, at the time when I first got an inno i was growing very fond of the new vestax 05 xfader. Side by side the 05 had a brutal sound with fast cuts to the point where it sounded like quite a bit of colour was added. The Inno sounds quite dry but probably more natural in comparison. Don't think I want to make more adjustments, after a lot of fiddling I've only found one setting it'll work properly in, any tiny movements on those dials and the lag jumps all over the place. I've found setting up the Inno on mixers can be a different experience from one mixer to another. The 08 is a perticular ball ache thanks to having to find an appropriate setting for the lag pots on the actuall mixer.

I don't really have a preference to which I prefer the sound of, I like how all top end fades have there individual strengths, buts Its the feel of the Inno that puts it on top for me.

Edited by Dubba Dutchdj

• 2 years later...

Hello guys,i'm new here.

i have this little problem with my Innofader pro.

someone have experienced a bleeding issue with the Innofader pro?

i have mine on my Z2.i realy tried everything.Insulated electrical tapes,playn with the adjustments,cure\cut in.calibrate.

seems nothing help.

any suggestions?

thanks.

Guest rasteri

I've heard people say they have issues with the inno pro and the z2 (Steve?)

I believe the Innofader PNP works perfectly though.

You should check ask over at the audioinnovate forums. Or just email audioinnovate directly.

in my experience it doesn't take much to upset the calibration on innofaders which is normally the cause for bleed

Kingsize - golden rule with innos is to always have the cap fitted while calibrating/setting up as the cap plays a part in how the inno is earthed, or something like that which will give a slightly different calibration if you dialed in the settings with the fader cap off