2-1-2s: Am i doing them right? + 1-2-2s

Jon

http://youtu.be/KWQnBa-HRLc

I've tried to learn these a few times from Yoshi's tutorial but don't know if I'm doing them right.

If it's not obvious, my video goes like this:

2-1-2: slow = reverse original flare -> reverse chirp -> reverse original flare

2-1-2: fast (I'm not completely emphasising the chirp compared to the rest of the pattern in this video and think I need to focus on that more to make it sound cleaner)

1-2-2: slow = reverse chirp -> reverse original flare -> reverse original flare <- a pattern i found by mistake a couple of weeks ago trying to learn this combo. It's of course just a 2-1-2 loop starting on the reverse chirp rather than the first original flare.

1-2-2: fast

Am i failing or on the road to winning?

Im pretty sure that In a 2 1 2 the numbers are the numbrr of clicks not the sounds. Will have a listen to the vids when I get home. So u get 3 + 2 + 3 = 8 sounds which makes more sense than 2 + 1 + 2 = 5 which would be a cross rhythm over 5 bars of 4 beats

Lol I've been doing these wrong :blink: I've been doing og chirp og oh well at least my fader hands right and learning it the correct way I'll have another pattern :-) my version starts open fader which ive been struggling to integrate into my 2 click closed fader starting cuts, so now I now why I haven't got it to flow like others. Thanks :-)