DV Tinychat scratch room now up!

Steve

The following people are mods in the room: -

Vekked

Symatic

Ruftone

Broke

I could do with 1 more long-term DV member to act as a mod. It means you can boot people from the room, which is handy if you get twats going in there trying to fuck up the session. If you want to do it, just send me your Tinychat username via PM, but only PM me if you use Tinychat regularly.

Here's a list of commands for Tinychat: -

/color (changes the color of your chat)

/ignore nickname (blocks that user's chat messages)

/unignore nickname (removes the user from your block list)

/ban nickname (kicks the user from the room and bans them)

/banlist (displays the ban list)

/broadcast nickname (allows that user to broadcast)

/close nickname (closes a user's broadcast)

/forgive nickname (enables a banned user to re-enter the room)

/mute (mutes all non-moderator broadcasts)

/push2talk (puts all non-operators in push2talk mode)

When IP.Board version 4 is released and DV is upgraded to it, I will look into integrating high quality video chat directly into the site. That would give us a tab at the top of the forum that you can click to go straight into it, plus you'll be able to see when folks are in there as you're browsing DV. I'll get a couple of folks to test it before rolling it out (or scrapping it if the latency/quality is no good), but it's gonna be a few months away yet.

• 1 month later...
Guest petesasqwax

I'll be on it in the new year once I get my equipment set back up properly. I don't give a fuck, I'll be in there on my own if that's how it's going down. I'm crazy handsome with one face - imagine how I'd keep the ladies in check if I had 2? I'd have to get Jim Duggan in there on some "BACK THE FUCK UP, HE'S MARRIED, NAHMEAN?"

word. that's how he talks these days

• Like 1

Guest Symatic

It's probably shifted cos there's a bunch of 2 faced wankers on DV.

i think its just cos people just wanna scratch with other people, and the other people are on the ttw tinychat room???

Amatic originally requested that a room was made, so I made one. Certain people requested that they could be made mods, so I made some people mods and gave other people the login details of the room so they had full control over it. Certain people also said to me that they thought Vekked was splitting up the scene for his own gain and that it was fucking shady, yet every single one of the people I have just mentioned has abandoned the DV room. The argument that you go where the people are makes sense if nobody was coming to the DV room, but they were - it was getting really busy, as shown by some of the later posts in this thread - but you all abandoned it and it died. If someone is going to say to me "Vekked is being a dick", but then a week or two later, they're on Facebook linking to his sites as if they're his best buddy, then yes, I would say that they're the worst of the 2 faced wankers, but they're not the only ones.

I expected better from a community of people on a site that's been around for nearly a decade, but that was my mistake and I won't be making it again.

Guest Symatic

alright, but im totally neutral on the whole vekked / ttw/ dv thing. but when theres only a group of 20-30 regulars, about 10 of whom are online at any given time, it seems to make less sense to stay on one room because of beef than it does to just go where people are already logged in.

having said that, I do think DV room should get more visitors and I'll see if theres away to get people back over, but i'm not gonna be boycotting the ttw room, or trying to snatch people off it. maybe ill just advertise on FB everytime i log in??

Sorry steve it just seemed a bit like you were calling us all dicks...

• Like 1

My issue is that I made a DV room 14 months ago, by request, that started to get popular, but then you all abandoned it and some of you even said one thing about Vekked behind his back, but acted quite differently in public. The DV room didn't die because people weren't using it - it died because you all chose to leave it, so let's be 100% clear on that.

The DV room is done now anyway, so just use the TTW one. I'm not wasting my time on the turntablist "community" again because there simply isn't one.

I'll be on it in the new year once I get my equipment set back up properly. I don't give a fuck, I'll be in there on my own if that's how it's going down. I'm crazy handsome with one face - imagine how I'd keep the ladies in check if I had 2? I'd have to get Jim Duggan in there on some "BACK THE FUCK UP, HE'S MARRIED, NAHMEAN?"

word. that's how he talks these days

PM me when ur on. Might not work out b/c of the time difference but I'd be gayme

Amatic originally requested that a room was made, so I made one. Certain people requested that they could be made mods, so I made some people mods and gave other people the login details of the room so they had full control over it. Certain people also said to me that they thought Vekked was splitting up the scene for his own gain and that it was fucking shady, yet every single one of the people I have just mentioned has abandoned the DV room. The argument that you go where the people are makes sense if nobody was coming to the DV room, but they were - it was getting really busy, as shown by some of the later posts in this thread - but you all abandoned it and it died. If someone is going to say to me "Vekked is being a dick", but then a week or two later, they're on Facebook linking to his sites as if they're his best buddy, then yes, I would say that they're the worst of the 2 faced wankers, but they're not the only ones.

I expected better from a community of people on a site that's been around for nearly a decade, but that was my mistake and I won't be making it again.

My issue is that I made a DV room 14 months ago, by request, that started to get popular, but then you all abandoned it and some of you even said one thing about Vekked behind his back, but acted quite differently in public. The DV room didn't die because people weren't using it - it died because you all chose to leave it, so let's be 100% clear on that.

The DV room is done now anyway, so just use the TTW one. I'm not wasting my time on the turntablist "community" again because there simply isn't one.

So it's shutdown then? Oh well. I'm not much for online cutting anyways but was gonna give it a shot.

I think we all know the truth of it is most people were logging on to cut with Pekked. Obviously. He is a DMC champ. He left so everyone followed him. It's pretty obvious. At least that's how I see it. Same with his site. He's hot right now and parlayed that into a site. It's a bore TBH tho. I made an awesome troll account and nobody would even respond to me. Boo.

Don't take it personal tho, Steve. We all know how much time you put into DV. It's much appreciated even if you think it's not. It is.

• Like 1