what are your favourite songs right now?

cbay

and what are youre most loathed songs right now?

im really digging the new busdriver album at the moment and the new prefuse 73 album.

and snoops drop it like its hot pisses me off, its like a steaming pile of shit.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mike Reezy

umm lately the only thing I have been listening to is these 14 tracks that got leaked from Canibus's upcoming album.

Its being produced by K-slay or slade or w/e you call him, but its gonna be hott, he gots bis onn all these pop beats

Guest Deeswift

Most hip hop pisses me off. People have really boring record collections thse days.

Listening to Jean-Luc Ponty's Cosmic Messenger album (from 1978), which is astounding.

Also listening to Allan Holdsworth (the greatest guitar player in the world), Al Di Meola, Brand X (a UK fusion band, which at some point featured Phil Collins), Billy Cobham, Bruford, CAB, Chad Wackerman, Chick Corea, Charlie Haden, Dennis Chambers, Dr. Octagon (Keith is one of the few rappers I can listen to and not think is wack), Eberhard Weber, Frank Gambale, Frank Zappa, Freddie Hubbard, Gary Burton, Gong (you have to root out the dope instrumental shit, like the Gazeuse! album), Greg Howe (his album with Victor Wooten and Dennis Chambers is very good), Herbie Hancock (and I don't mean "Rockit", I mean the real shit, like Thrust), Hiromi, Isaac Hayes, Jaco Pastorius (1st solo album), Jan Garbarek, Jean-Luc Ponty who I mentioned before, Jeff Beck (Wired & Blow By Blow), Joel Hoekstra, John McLaughlin, Johnny Griffin, Jordan Rudess, Keith Jarrett, Liquid Tension Experiment, Living Colour, Manhattan Project, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Marvin Gaye, McCoy Tyner, Miroslav Vitous, Oliver Nelson, Phineas Newborn, Paul Chambers, Planet MOTHERFUCKIN X (who now seem to be becoming popular, haha), Ralph Towner, Return To Forever (the kings), Ron Carter, Roy Haynes, Scott Henderson & Tribal Tech, Shadowfax, Stevie Wonder, Stanley Clarke, Tangering Dream, Terry Bozzio, Tetsuo Sakurai, Tony Macalpine, Tony Williams Lifetime (just the Believe It album, mainly), Vertu, Victor Wooten, Virgil Donati -- the greatest, Weather Report. Snoop Dogg.

Yes, the last entry on my list is a joke.

im really liking DIG im pretty sure theyre aussie.. nice jazz stuff

and the meters oh man makes me want to grow an afro and make love on a round bed while wearing platform shoes with goldfish in em..

and some aussie hip hop, hilltop hoods are still up there for me.

im listening to all my motown and old funk stuff at the mo, having shit loads of fun djing with it all to, also black grass "goin home" is getting rinsed

i would name some track names etc, but cant remmeber most of them :$ , they're just good

Ive been listening to a lot of lootpack recently anyone ever hear of them? anyways shit music i hate hearing is on the radio which I have all together given up on. But what honestly makes my blood boil is regaetton. And since its starting to get popular now I hear it all over the place AHH. I grew up with the local cholos listening to that and hated it then and hate it even more now cause now they have little john saying WAT! after every third spanish word..... sorry for the rant

Prefuse 73's new album (one word extinguisher) is dope as fuck! the opening track is so damn good - all music should sound like that!

gettin into Quantic as well. nice chilled out listen. wanna get some more of their albums.

as for fave songs at the mo...

Bad Bascomb - Black Grass

The Winstons - Amen Brother

Mountain - Long Red(live)

The Jackson 5 - It's Great To Be Here

Monk Higgins - One Man Band

Guest Deeswift
The Jackson 5 - It's Great To Be Here

Niceness.

And agreed about Cobham, although I think Virgil Donati kills anyone on drums, Cobham is defiantely a god! Dennis Chambers, also. Fucking scary hi-hat / cymbal work. So fast it's insane.

dennis is cool as are all members of funkadelic...

top 10 drummers...(in no particular order)

Jabo Starks

Clyde Stubblefield

James Gadson

John Bonham

Bernard "Pretty" Purdie

Melvin Parker

Zigaboo Modeliste

Paul Humphrey

Ahmir "?uestlove" Thompson

King Errison

Yeah, right. WTF!! LOL!

What are you listening to then, Sig?

Whatever it is, it won't be the Jackson 5. :@ I guess I just hate kids singing man. The music is wicked, it's just Michael's squeaky little voice gets on my tits.

Guest Deeswift
dennis is cool as are all members of funkadelic...

top 10 drummers...(in no particular order)

Jabo Starks

Clyde Stubblefield

James Gadson

John Bonham

Bernard "Pretty" Purdie

Melvin Parker

Zigaboo Modeliste

Paul Humphrey

Ahmir "?uestlove" Thompson

King Errison

Not a bad list, although I reckon a lot of those guys are over rated, such as Clyde Stubblefield. Again, Donati kills all who ever touched a drum kit! I'm not too much into Funkadelic, I find them highly annoying, and I prefer Chambers stuff with CAB, Uncle Moe's Space Ranch, with Greg Howe and Victor Wooten on the Extraction album, and also his solo material. Chambers is my number 2 drummer, Donati always will be first, I think. I actually think any drummer, including the ones you mentioned, would say themselves that Virgil can't be touched.

Guest Deeswift
Yeah, right. WTF!! LOL!

What are you listening to then, Sig?

Whatever it is, it won't be the Jackson 5. :@ I guess I just hate kids singing man. The music is wicked, it's just Michael's squeaky little voice gets on my tits.

Haha, I know what you're saying, I hate kids singing too, but that voice is not the usual voice of an 11 year old mate, it's so highly expressive and mature. Unbelievable voice. I prefer Jackson's voice when he was a youngster. Amazing, that's all I can say. And I hate vocals 99% of the time. Stevie, Marvin, and MJ when he was a nipper. Sorted.

Guest Deeswift
Clyde Stubblefield is a legend just because of the amount of people who've sampled his beats. I wonder how many other records sampled Funky Drummer? Thousands I reckon.

Too many. It's an OK beat, just really sick of it. Alien Hip Hop, or Native Metal, or any Donati shit fries it, as far as beats go.