TTM56 problems-kinda

Ok... the X-fader cap was a bit loose so i did the tissue paper fix like Q shows in DIY. I noticed that my fader didn't move quite as freely as it did before so i took the tissue out. The fader feels a bit better, but its still kinda bad. I feels like right in the middle of the fader there is some sort of stickiness/frition causing thing. I know the X fader feels different because the upfaders still feel great.

The one thing i'm afriad of is that I bent the X fader rail when I was putting the fader cap back on with the tissue paper (paper towell actually, what ever). I havent had a chance to remove the face plate and take a look yet, but please advise.

Edited by djxander

naw man dont worry about it wut u have to do is remove the faceplate clean the rails and lube them. What probably happen when u put the tissue under it all that tissue residue that comes off of tissues probably got mixed with the rails original lube and so go sticky and doesnt feel right. This is what I do, just take off the face plate get a piece of news paper, fold it down to size and basically buff the rails like if you were buffing a pair of shoes with a cloth then with a q tip add lube, I use ace hardware pure silicone lubricant costs like 5 bucks for a big ass can of it. I usually clean it every month or two. Just dont overdue it on the lube it makes it feel sticky aswell.

thank you very much- also, have you ever noticed that the fader caps are loose? Do you just use the tissue or what? I was thinking about filling it with stick back, but im thinking that may not be such a good idea.

Mine is a little loose from just going crazy sometimes if it bothers you too much just switch it for one of the other fader caps, since u use the crossfader more. I wouldnt put anything that would make it stick I mean if its putty that stil lets you take the fader cap off and doesnt crumble into your mixer than that would be fine but if anything I would just switch it for one of your line faders

Guest Mike Reezy

I hate the 56 fader caps, but my roomate says he used to them and likes them more than vestax now, I wanna mod my vestax fader caps to fit the rane

moving from the sk2F to the rane was easy because the fader knobs are similar.

i couldnt see myself on another mixer right now.. the rane is solid as fug and the sound quality, amazing!!

yes and it works great and is cheap as fuck, I just spray a bit on in a trashcan onto a q-tip and bam dirt cheap lube ;)

use the cailube 100% droplets, the best thing to happen to my faders. the cap of my crossfader is a little loose too but I remedied this by sticking some tape on the prong, which is basically the same as the paper thing. i like the feel of the rane fader caps better than the vestax ones. it's kinda hard to switch over to a vestax mixer when you cut on a rane all the time coz the caps are somewhat smaller.

Ok... the X-fader cap was a bit loose so i did the tissue paper fix like Q shows in DIY.  I noticed that my fader didn't move quite as freely as it did before so i took the tissue out.  The fader feels a bit better, but its still kinda bad.

It depends on how loose your talking about. Mine are loose but its barely enough to feel it with no distraction with skratching or juggling. I can definately feel it on juggles though. Its just the space thats between the fader and the rail that it glides on. If they tighten up that space, there would be too much friction. That small circumference thats there causes the slight wobble/loose feel and the lube chemicals would rub/run off. Takes time to get used to it, just like me adjusting to asian women, being an asian myself, mauhaha.