Battle for Canadian Vekpremacy

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which juggle should I keep working on?

• Classical Juggle
    • Gimme What You Got Juggle

You used to talk loads about what juggling was and wasn't, and that first juggle was essentially everything you said juggling isn't - it just seems like doubling. The other one seems to lose rhythm all the time and never really changes rhythm, just doubles up. Can't you just copy blind alley? That's the best juggle ever. Just my humble opinion of course dearest.

You used to talk loads about what juggling was and wasn't, and that first juggle was essentially everything you said juggling isn't - it just seems like doubling. The other one seems to lose rhythm all the time and never really changes rhythm, just doubles up. Can't you just copy blind alley? That's the best juggle ever. Just my humble opinion of course dearest.

you forgot to vote for the least shit

not sure if you're still talking about the original poast - but here's my 5 pence.

The first routine sounds big, but the elongated notes makes it sounds messy to me. That's no fault of your own but the cleaner juggles i hear usually have more stabby noises, which keeps everything clean because there's more space between the beats... bit like that theatre routine someone posted earlier. Short notes sounding nice and tight.

I like the 2nd juggle because of the funky track. I'm assuming its the less rehursed because it's not quite as clean but there are parts that I like. The beat and bass parts sound like they have lots of potential to be clean, tight and funky.

I'm approaching this from a joe bloggs mr ordinary head. I know there are always exceptions to every rule and my own subjection is always at play when critiquing someones work. Hope this helps.

not sure if you're still talking about the original poast - but here's my 5 pence.

The first routine sounds big, but the elongated notes makes it sounds messy to me. That's no fault of your own but the cleaner juggles i hear usually have more stabby noises, which keeps everything clean because there's more space between the beats... bit like that theatre routine someone posted earlier. Short notes sounding nice and tight.

I like the 2nd juggle because of the funky track. I'm assuming its the less rehursed because it's not quite as clean but there are parts that I like. The beat and bass parts sound like they have lots of potential to be clean, tight and funky.

Thanks man! Solid feedback. Pretty much agree with the classical juggle... it's tough to juggle in the first place for the reasons you noted, but I also am doing patterns that are tough to really stick which doesn't help either. It was kind of an experiment, very different than any other juggle I've made. You're right about the funk juggle being less rehearsed, I recorded it soon after figuring out a basic structure for it. The faster rhythm at the end is mostly freestyled as far as the variations go. I might re-record it with a smoother ending and post it up again.

Btw there's a more recent thread with 1 other juggle in it as well.

I'm approaching this from a joe bloggs mr ordinary head. I know there are always exceptions to every rule and my own subjection is always at play when critiquing someones work. Hope this helps.

Appreciate it regardless man. I like to get feedback from as many perspectives as I can... you never know who's going to really open your eyes up to something you overlooked.