Just uppped my studio game...

grabbed a used MacBook Pro off a buddy of mine... planning on getting the Apogee Duet...and maybe playing out some Ableton Sets.

duet-firewire-standing-3qtr.jpg

Hey, if that asshole Deadmau5 can do it.....why not?

although, I'd like to think I'd keep it a bit more live than just playing track after track. maybe working a deck into the equation as well.

The MacBook is a bit dated...a 5,2 I believe. the 15.4 inch 2.4GHZ core duo with 8GB of memory....(well not yet. But I'm ordering the memory tomorrow).

diss, have you looked into serato/ableton bridge? or ms pinky?

nah...well, not Serato/bridge. Other than dropping the coin on the audio interface, I hadn't put much thought into digital vinyl interfacing with Abelton. I've never heard of Ms Pinky.

Ok...just read up on Ms Pinky. So, is there any hardware to buy besides the vinlyl? That shit looks damn cool. I'd drop coin on that if the latency is very low...close to Serato/Traktor.

"The time lag or latency is about 11.6 milliseconds for the absolute position information. The latency for velocity and direction information is only about 1.5 milliseconds. " How's this figure fair against the others? Is there a video of someone with some decent chops getting down on this M4L shit?