It worth getting a TTM57 these days?

My mate is considering it and it got me wondering.

As there are new models out they should come down in price right? How much would you pay for a second hand one, or would you just not bother?

I was looking at this chart and they still appear better than a 61 in some ways:

http://www.ver5e.com/general/rane-sixty-one-sixty-two-57sl-comparison/

Although I suppose the Digital Converter in them (sound quality?) is not as good and the USB port is not as good, but surely comps are still going to support usb 1 for some time yet?

Just wondering everyones thoughts on them

If you can pick one up for a good price then sure, it'll be a long while yet before legacy USB drivers don't work. They are discontinued though...

One thing is they're pretty well set out ergonomically but they don't really lend themselves to button bashing and so on - the 62 is a much nicer layout for using it creatively. If you're thinking of just getting it because it's a mixer with a serato box in it then I'd get the 56 and a box instead, but if you like the layout for what it is - and the built in effects - then why not - just be aware that it's old hardware and doesn't sound as good as the new stuff (but still sounds great imo)

Well I already got SL1 with a Rane TTM56S (which is basically a 57 without the serato built in). I'm pretty happy with it all but have no effects... I have a good midi controller for navigating serato and bashing buttons etc but I don't really do too much of that any way. I'd probably just use the midi controller and then the extra buttons for the fx. Does any one know how good the effects are? I've heard they're a bit of a ball ache actually, but I figure that's just for retards who can't be arsed to assign everything.

I thought I could get one for £500 Which I thought would of been worth making the swap, reckon I could get more than that if I sold my 56 and serato box seperately on Ebay, but he wnats it for 575 now, which isn't such a agreat price. There's no way I'm going to be able to afford a 62 though, and only really wanted to do it as I wouldn't actually have to pay anything.

Does any one know how good the effects are?

They're the same as the ones you already have in serato, except you can use them post fader.

The 57 is really nice to cut on, but I've only used a 56 once so I can't compare the two.

I'd wait a bit and see if you can get a really good price on one, I feel like more and more should be popping up as people jump to the 61/62.

For my needs (scratching/juggling/routines) the 57 is by far my favourite mixer. Having cue points/controls for serato on the actual mixer is a huuuge plus for me, and saves so much time, especially when I'm planning out routines or when I'm performing a 6 minute where I memorize what knobs to push to get the next track/cue point instead of having to look at the laptop as much as I can. I used dicers but they're fairly inefficient for most stuff (except for drumming or something), and they get in the way sometimes.

Tbh the 61 seems like kind of a downgrade and there's probably a few non-rane mixers that I'd choose before going for that. The 62 seems kinda beasty tho and I'd really like to try it/see what other people think of it, although I'm not sure if it'd be worth the $ to switch from 57 to 62.

The one thing that does bug me about the 57 is the upfaders are either really slow from top to bottom, or cut really sharp at the bottom, you can't set it to cut sharp at the top. I solved this by putting innofaders in it, but I know a lot of people either like a slow upfader curve, or they're not nearly as picky as I am about that stuff.

But yea if you could get it for 500 pounds I'd say def pick it up but make sure it's not too beat up.

• 2 weeks later...

Im considering selling my ttm57 which is in perfect condition to upgrade to the sixty two. Ive gotten heavy use out of the mixer but ive always taken care of it, would you be interested in it should i decide to sell it? Id rather it go to someone on the forums then some random person wholl not use it / just resell it in less than 6 months.

++sol