adsense for youtube

chile

anyone done this or know any djs that have? id like to eventually try this out for my youtube although i'll be using my old account for this to upload videos with all original loops and footage (to avoid copyright infringement).

unless you're expecting a million hits a month minimum, it's totally not worth it. you make almost no money... a half decent click ratio will bring perhaps something like 1p/1000 views (unless your audience is, for some reason, more likely to click than normal... which is why those viral videos cater to morons).

unless you're expecting a million hits a month minimum, it's totally not worth it. you make almost no money... a half decent click ratio will bring perhaps something like 1p/1000 views (unless your audience is, for some reason, more likely to click than normal... which is why those viral videos cater to morons).

yeah ive seen videos that mention that.. surely somethings better than nothing though? i mean i know i probably wont ever make any high end profit since regardless of quality content, my target audience is pretty tiny. i got 7000 hits last month though (small but ive only got a total of 20k video views since i started the account) and although thats equivelant to 7 pence im not getting anything at all at the moment. im guessing that adsense doesnt backtrack either i.e. when you start adsense it doesnt give you money for previous view counts.. so if a video eventually does goes viral you get zilch unless you have stuff set up already for it.

im in the process of sorting some quality notation tutorial videos and i know i'll probably get nothing for the time im putting into it. I kinda dont want to bother at all sometimes since theres no real insentive other than gratitude (dont get me wrong comments are nice... i just cant sustain myself on them)

Think of it like: would you pay 7p to have the ads removed from your vids if they were otherwise forced? 7p is good for nothing - Google won't even pay out until you have £60 in your balance.

If you're going to really put your all into tutorials, then why not try and sell them? There's no shame in it. You have to eat, right?

Seriously, youtube ads proper piss people off, unless you're making like £50 a week from it or something I don't think it's worth pissing off your viewers for. I've had messages from youtube asking me to enable adsense because I'd reached a certain number of view but unless I was getting 100,000 views per video I would even consider it.

Think of it like: would you pay 7p to have the ads removed from your vids if they were otherwise forced? 7p is good for nothing - Google won't even pay out until you have £60 in your balance.

If you're going to really put your all into tutorials, then why not try and sell them? There's no shame in it. You have to eat, right?

well im not talking about 7 pence here really. i want to set something up to get some income over time for the content im otherwise uploading for free. if 7 pense is all i recon i can ever get then i wouldnt have made a discussion out of this in the first place.. instead i'd be outside on the front lines looking for small change people have dropped.

and i dont see how i can make anything from selling stuff especially online since people pirate the fuck out of everything these days (and im no exception). it takes one person to upload something and share a link then the whole revenue structures compromised.

what makes most sense to me so far is putting everything out for free on youtube and having an option to donate if you liked something and wanted to fund future projects. that along with ads. and Tom i know its annoying to have to click an x button once to close a small window that appears mid way thru a video, but i do it all the time and get along pretty happily. ive never left or seen a comment on someone complaining about an ad, unless its those video ones before the start of the actual content

Is that analysis based on extensive research though, or just conjecture? Genuine question.

well i dont recon its guesswork to think people will pirate content from a dvd or book online. there are certain forums with dedicated sections for pirating.

i kinda think donations are the future. i mean check this site out for prime examples:

http://www.kickstart...llison-weiss-ep

shes pretty shit imo and got more than enough to fund an EP from donators.

this video too was funded entirely by donators using that site

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j98KD5E5KDs

and ads to me is just another way of making the best of a situation where people dont give a fuck about donating and i just want to upload content regardless

http://youtu.be/dhhaNpL0uzU

I don't think ads are the way to go, mainly because you need thousands and thousands of clicks before you start making any money. Could you not set up a site geared towards teaching people to scratch and try and fund that via donations?

The thing is if you're actually talking about doing this so that it can be a substantial income stream, you can't just have a guess about stuff - and that's what you're doing. If I were you I would sit down with someone who knows a little business strategy and go through what you'd like to do, because I think if you went about this the right way you'd be able to do it sustainably.

Kickstarter's not a bad idea but if I were you I would come at it with something a little more than a few videos, especially bearing in mind you can do what you like assuming people like the idea and it gets funded. it's a good habit to get into anyway - working backwards from how much something will actually cost...

The thing is if you're actually talking about doing this so that it can be a substantial income stream, you can't just have a guess about stuff - and that's what you're doing. If I were you I would sit down with someone who knows a little business strategy and go through what you'd like to do, because I think if you went about this the right way you'd be able to do it sustainably.

Kickstarter's not a bad idea but if I were you I would come at it with something a little more than a few videos, especially bearing in mind you can do what you like assuming people like the idea and it gets funded. it's a good habit to get into anyway - working backwards from how much something will actually cost...

yeh im gonna have more of a think. kickstarter is wicked and i dont plan on using it for just a few videos.. at the moment im doing a booklet for uni that i want videos hyperlinked to within the pdf doc direct to youtube. providing it goes down well i'll be trying to fund a more comprehensive series of booklets with video references on cuts

been looking into this today

http://www.clickbank.com

its a site for distributing digital products i.e ebooks.. and they pay commision to other ppl that reccomend a product (writing reviews etc)

more info:

just checked the info and you need a proper website to set things up as a vendor..

• 3 months later...

ive been using adsense a few months now and without any clicks you get about 1 pence per 70 views. my click through rate varies ridiculously but it can be surprisingly high at times so its definately worth it if you can get the traffic

• 3 years later...
Guest rasteri

One of my youtube channels has over 3,000,000 views and I've maybe made a grand off it over 4 years. It's no way to make a living unless you churn out popular videos every week.

• Like 1