I'm making a mixtape blog

Steve

Another blog you say?? How wonderful!

My website (djsigma.co.uk) is hosted on 2ndHand's web space and he can't host big files on there because it canes his bandwidth, which means I wasn't able to use the site to host any mixes. I wanted some web space of my own to have somewhere more permanent than SoundCloud and the like to host my stuff, especially with some of the free file hosts shutting down, so I bought a domain name and some web space.

I've decided to use it not just so that I can have direct links to my mixes, but also as a place to post about mixes that I come across that I particularly like (as well as my own mixes of course), so here's where the site will be when it's up and running: -

http://www.sigmamixes.com

There's bugger all there at the minute, but I'll customise it and add some content to it next week.

• Like 1

You can either use the RSS feeds on the right with Google Reader or whatever, or you can sign up via email (at the very bottom of the site) and get updates when new posts are made. I'd added a link to your blog.

@foly - What sort of thing do you want?

This isn't going well.

I tried to visit my blog this morning and it was just timing out. Likewise with the email account I'd set up for it. I tried it on and off for a few hours, but nothing.

Now I've just visited the site and it's just a blank page with a "JustHost" logo on it. When I try and check for email it says that the password is wrong, but I haven't changed any settings. When I log in via FTP, my web space is completely empty.

It looks like they have deleted all of my files and settings with no warning whatsoever and no explanation via email. I've opened a ticket and I'm waiting for them to reply.........

I installed WordPress on the web space I bought from JustHost so that I had full access to all of the plug-ins, code customisation etc.

I've just contacted them. They said that they're doing upgrades and that my site will be back when the upgrades are complete. They sent me an email 3 days ago saying that they would be doing upgrades in the next 48 hours and that my site would be down for up to 2 hours. I assumed it had already been done, cos this is more than 72 hours since they sent the email and my site's been offline for at least 7 hours.