Speaking of Loop Pedals.... Anyone use one?

For a period in my life (after my tt-500's were stolen), I only had a 1200mk2 and a Kaoss Pad 3. I was flirting with the idea of using the KP3 and one turntable to mix songs. I gave up on that after I realized how shitty the kp3 actually sounded and how the lack of a foot pedal made looping difficult.

I was then on a quest to find the ultimate loop station, but didn't want to deal with mapping the Behringer midi station to ableton, and didn't want to shell out the cash for the RC-50. I eventually gave up on it completely and got another turntable.

So my question is, do any of you incorporate guitar pedals into your scratching or mixing routines? I'm still considering getting a cheapo delay pedal or the RC-20xl ... Maybe I'm watching too many AKD videos.

I had the RC20XL for a while, but I think you could do more with a midi foot controller. The only problem with using somthing like Ableton is that you had to work to a click track.

Guest Symatic

i cant afford a boss looping pedal but i use Mobius Looper running through ableton as a VST. I use a usb qwerty keyboard as a foot switch. the only thing i want to add is an experession pedal, which makes me want to just get a fc1010 and be done with it. it has a tiny bit of latency (probably my computers fault) but its dope for free. bit of a nightmare setting it up though...

I used to have a Boss RC20XL and I loved it, but it was only a mono pedal and there was limited capacity to keep loops. The old alternative to this pedal was the Digitech JamMan... I believe one of the newer incarnations of the JamMan is now stereo, plus they come with a compact flash card slot and USB port. Not sure how much cost these days, but maybe one for eBay