Help me find some samples for a scratched hook

Steve

I'm doing a scratched hook for some guy's track and I'm in need of some ideas for samples. What I need are samples that say the following, preferably from old school hip-hop tracks: -

"on the cut" (but not the one from Ugly People Be Quiet)

"on the beat"

"and on the microphone I'm the one that's known as"

The last one doesn't have to be exactly that as long as it says a similar sort of thing and I can put the MC's name at the end of it.

Cheers dooders.

My memory's terrible these days man. When I'm trying to think of a sample, I can usually "hear" a track in my head that features it, but remembering the track title/artist is another matter.

Cheers for the suggestions. I have both of those tunes so I'll have a listen through them in a bit.

Going back a few years, I used to have a huge collection of tapes. 2ndHand would pluck out a tape and say "what's track 7 on side A of tape 112" and I could tell him straight off. As I've got older I just don't have as sharp a memory as I used to.

When I'm thinking of samples, I can kind of "hear" the samples in my head if you know what I mean, but connecting that with the artist/song title is another matter and that's why I asked for help.

Going back a few years, I used to have a huge collection of tapes. 2ndHand would pluck out a tape and say "what's track 7 on side A of tape 112" and I could tell him straight off. As I've got older I just don't have as sharp a memory as I used to.

When I'm thinking of samples, I can kind of "hear" the samples in my head if you know what I mean, but connecting that with the artist/song title is another matter and that's why I asked for help.

My memory isn't what it used to be, so sometimes I have to Google the phrase I'm thinking of