In need of needle

Motek

My damn needle broke, well actually it just wore away to dust. Too much flaring I think! :d

Anyway - I have Stanton headshells (a 500 which is the broke one and a 680 I think) but I was thinking that I might splash out on something new.

Lots of love for the M44-7 it seems and also some shouts for the Qbert Orofton.

Any other to consider? Or should I just go direct for the M44-7?

Thx guys, this needle shit be new to me!

Guest Symatic

i prefer ortofons but aparrently you get less wear with shures.

my opinion of you has gone down abit

m44-7s!

i was gonna write something about how people who use shures are often militantly opinionated about how much better they are...

I started with Concordes (Ortofon) Nightclub (the S-Version) but switched to M44-7s. But I still like Ortofons (the pink ones were alright...actually the DJ Noize model). And the ones from Q-Bert are a bit louder than the M44-7s. If you're lazy then go with Ortofons. If you're not lazy, then I would give the Shure ones a try.

Ortofon do a cart called the MF7 which is unbelievably sticky and priced to compete with the 447. They're not on general release in the UK but you should be able to get hold of one from Henley Designs - tell them I said hi if you get in touch.

i prefer ortofons but aparrently you get less wear with shures.

my opinion of you has gone down abit

m44-7s!

i was gonna write something about how people who use shures are often militantly opinionated about how much better they are...

Because it's true.

Altho I'd give Ortophones another try but do the headshell version. I just don't care to put out that much money again when I can just buy styli replacements. Also, why did they make the turntablist one pink? I like pink personally but I doubt most scratch DJs do.

• 2 weeks later...

i use the headshall style ortofons and they are wicked once you get them dialed in and worn a lil but be warned that if you knock them when juggling or whatever they cut a mighty deep scratch in your record and basically its.

never had this problem with 44-7's plus they are cheaper.

I was doing a little mixing of some secks musik like Barry White, Gina G and Ricci Rucker and whatnot and I accidentally got a huge stalk-on which pushed the tonarm but the tracking on my M44-7 was so good that the record didn't skip but then I blew my stack and some of it went in the pitch control mechanism but because Technics 1210s are BombproofTM they carried on going and I wiped it up with my sleeve.

I was doing a little mixing of some secks musik like Barry White, Gina G and Ricci Rucker and whatnot and I accidentally got a huge stalk-on which pushed the tonarm but the tracking on my M44-7 was so good that the record didn't skip but then I blew my stack and some of it went in the pitch control mechanism but because Technics 1210s are BombproofTM they carried on going and I wiped it up with my sandwich.

fixed

I was doing a little mixing of some secks musik like Barry White, Gina G and Ricci Rucker and whatnot and I accidentally got a huge stalk-on which pushed the tonarm but the tracking on my M44-7 was so good that the record didn't skip but then I blew my stack and some of it went in the pitch control mechanism but because Technics 1210s are BombproofTM they carried on going and I wiped it up with my sleeve.

now thats a dj right there, im also seeing a dmc routine in there somewhere bro.