vinyl flattening device

airnino

i used 2 use heat from our home heating, then place my slightly heated vinyl on a stack of say, 50 vinyl then stack a load more on top of that, bobs yr uncle and fanny's yr aunt!!!

I've seen and tried a lot of DIY methods, this one looks much more promising. Such a simple concept, seems strange that someone only invented this just recently.

80 bucks for 2 pieces of heavy metal, they are making a lot of money on that if they are the only ones that do it.

Guest Symatic

And it worked? I've got a badly dished copy of Running in the Family (12" mix) by Level 42 which would be worth almost £2 if I undished it. Well at least I could play it.

for dished records get a pint glass full of boiling water, place the dished record concave-side-down on a hard clean flat surface, put the pint glass on top of it right in the middle, put something heavy like a cinder block on it and leave it for like a half hour. mad different methods.

And it worked? I've got a badly dished copy of Running in the Family (12" mix) by Level 42 which would be worth almost £2 if I undished it. Well at least I could play it.

for dished records get a pint glass full of boiling water, place the dished record concave-side-down on a hard clean flat surface, put the pint glass on top of it right in the middle, put something heavy like a cinder block on it and leave it for like a half hour. mad different methods.

Does it have to be a full moon and does it have to be holy water?

yes worked everytime, apart from one time i overheated a brand new rectangle wax back in the day, was gutted, as that was in my dole bum days and rectangle wax didnt come cheap!

2ndHand used to use 2 sheets of glass and a couple of clamps, then leave it out in the sun. Same principle as this and it worked.

I tried that a couple of times, maybe I didn't wait long enough before I brought it back in, or maybe it wasn't hot enough that summer day, or maybe not sunny enough, but it didn't help. The record still plays so no harm done but there is just so many factors that effect the glass in the sunlight or oven remedies. A whole lot of guesswork. The nice thing about this product is that they did all the research on how much weight, how long in the oven, what temp, and they factored in the various record weights. I'd buy it for that information alone. Hell 80 bucks isn't that bad considering what I'd be rescuing.

It woulda been nice to see a before and after shot of that record on that video though, WTF.