05 LTD faceplates in production.

chester

Yes this will fit your 05 Limited Q-bert. It looks like the price will be in the $50-$60 range.

I am also planning on offering a conversion kit to put this plate on a regular 05. The kit will include headphone master/mute/cue switch and everything needed to change the position of the cue fader and get it away from the x-fader.

peace

c.c.

Guest Deeswift

What clickiness? Install a P&G and there's no clicking, well hardly any at all. Upfaders can be a bit clicky, but it's easily cured by fitting a small rubber washer onto the rail inside or something. I can't fault the layout of the 05, it's classic, and I like the no-frills approach. I'm using my girl's 07 Pro at the moment with a cheapass PCV fader, because my P&G fader stem broke after 3 years abuse. :( The 05 LTD kills the 07 in overall feel though, I can really notice a big difference.

Guest Deeswift
Yes this will fit your 05 Limited Q-bert. It looks like the price will be in the $50-$60 range.

I am also planning on offering a conversion kit to put this plate on a regular 05. The kit will include headphone master/mute/cue switch and everything needed to change the position of the cue fader and get it away from the x-fader.

peace

c.c.

Dope. Hopefully I won't be too broke to afford one. Thanks for the info. :)

Cool idea! Bit sparse on the design front. It will take more than a couple a red lines and a logo. Is there any chance to sell a kind of Stick-on-cover? That way you could produce thousands of designs a a tenth of the price.

Otherwise, nice to see some innovation in these here part's

Guest Deeswift

Ideally the faceplate should be better than the original, but I don't think this is (just being honest). The yellow logo looks rough. I still want one though, I need to preserve my original plate.

It's nice but if you want feedback - I don't like the radioactive logo. Also personally I reckon it would look better without any of the white writing like "pgm1" "pgm2" "level" etc. Just totally minimal with the red and black. I'd like to think that anyone who buys one knows what all the faders are for anyway.

You're not gonna do an 06 version are you?

Guest Deeswift
It's nice but if you want feedback - I don't like the radioactive logo. Also personally I reckon it would look better without any of the white writing like "pgm1" "pgm2" "level" etc. Just totally minimal with the red and black. I'd like to think that anyone who buys one knows what all the faders are for anyway.

I agree about the white text, it's not really needed. I like the radioactive logo, but maybe it's not the right colour? Whatever, a badge is good. I like my original LTD badge a lot. Also, I am not keen on how you moved the "05LTD" to above the LED display. The name isn't a central feature, so I preferred it how you had it before (top left). Anyone who's owned a Vestax mixer knows that the screen printed lines and text eventually come off and look like shit. I had to scrape mine off the original plate with a coin because after a few months it looked bad.

yea if the radioactive color was like a black red combo that would be kinda sexy..... eventhough I dont have an 05 just my opinion.

see now that looks much sexier, by the way what happen to your company logo? you should keep that on there somewhere so people know, you know? one last critic it would look ultra sexy if that radioactive sign wasnt so opaque and you got rid of the glare effect so it was solid. but just imo but looks nice cant wait till you do other mixers.... ehemmm the 56...

Guest Deeswift

Yeah, it's better now, but also a shame that you had to change the badge colour to red. I guess it fits in better now but the design of the logo itself is better in yellow. Again, just my opinion on this.

How do you design your stuff, in Photoshop? I know the finished plates would look a whole lot better than the designs you've shown here. Keep going man, this is good work you're doing cause there really needs to be decent quality replacement faceplates, especially for the more rare mixers like 05 LTD. I was trying to talk Vestax into making some reproductions of the originals back in '98, and they said they wouldn't be doing it because "then it wouldn't be a limited edition". My argument was that if you'd bought a rare car that you couldn't purchase new tires for you'd be pissed off.