Street Sounds Electro 1-10 being remastered/reissued on CD

Steve

I got an email from Street Sounds this morning. They're remastering volumes 1-10 of the Electro albums and releasing them on CD, with Electro 1 being released in January 2012.

Since re-launching the Street Sounds label it has been my ultimate goal to re-release many of the original albums. Imagine the Electro albums digitally remastered using the original master tapes (not the terrible bootleg rubbish you can find on the internet, that have been ripped from someone’s old vinyl) and featuring some incredible bonus material…this is now in progress! We will be initially releasing Electro 1 to 10, the Crucial Electro albums 1 to 3 and UK Electro. Release date for Electro 1 is January 2012.

They're also going to be releasing Crucial Electro 4: -

The original Crucial series was one of the most popular of the Street Sounds albums. Crucial 1, 2 & 3 all represented the ‘very best’ of Electro. However, these albums were obviously limited by the number of tracks we could physically put onto each compilation and so many Electro gems never made it onto the original Crucial series. Crucial 4 will include tracks that have now become Electro anthems and which may have appeared on the Street Sounds Electro series as well as killer Electro tunes that never made it on the Electro series. It is important to remember that the original Electro albums could only have around 50 minutes of playing time as they were on Vinyl which meant I had to exclude so many other great tracks on each release. Crucial 4 will feature the very best classic Electro and is scheduled for release in December/January.

I'll be copping all of these for sure!

Well that explain's where Grae's been recently - wonder how long he was pestering Morgan Khan about this?

Not long till a T.A.T.U reissue now then...

Sorry Jim. I'll make sure I start a thread about some up to date music for you - Motown, The Fugees and stuff like that.

lol

hopefully these electros are the 80s and early 90s bboy electro tracks, and not that club shit that took the electro name genre

They were originally released from 1983-1985. They're largely responsible for popularising hip-hop/electro in the UK.

• Like 1

hopefully these electros are the 80s and early 90s bboy electro tracks, and not that club shit that took the electro name genre

They were originally released from 1983-1985. They're largely responsible for popularising hip-hop/electro in the UK.

WOO HOO!!!! yes, these are the real real original electro. good looking out