What effect is used at end of this track?

d00ban

It literally kicks in at 3.04. It's quite common, like an echo that repeats but sort of changes pitch, this just happens to be the first example of a song that I found which uses it. How would I achieve this effect on say, ableton and wanted to sustain it a little longer?

That's a tape delay effect.

Old delay units used to work by having a tape loop and you would change the delay time by adjusting the speed of the tape, if you adjusted the speed of the tape before sending sound through it then the echo will sound the same pitch as the sound that went in but if you adjust the tape speed while it's already echoing it will change the pitch up or down depending on whether you are speeding it up or slowing it down.

There are plenty of delay plugins out there which do that but off the top of my head I don't think any in ableton suite do (although you could try cranking the feedback up and adjusting the delay time while it's echoing out and see). I use the UAD Space Echo emulation but that's expensive as fuck and require special hardware. One set of free plugins which I think will do are the Tal Dub plugins, I've never used them but I know they're supposed to be good and I'd be very surprised if they didn't. Give them a try, again feedback up and automate the delay time.

http://kunz.corrupt....roducts/tal-dub