what should I get on steam?

Vekked

Currently I have (from favourite to least):

Terraria

The Binding Of Isaac

Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Super Meat Boy

Zombie Driver

I like Binding/Meat Boy/Terraria a fair bit, just got Meat Boy so haven't gotten super into it yet though. Amnesia is really good too but I can't play it for more than like an hour at once. Zombie Driver is OK but it could've been a lot better. I played terraria forever but I'm kind of bored of it until they update it again.

It seems I like indie games and retro sort of games a fair bit. I'm not really into FPSs, or MMOs. I'm really looking forward to Orcs Must Die, definitely going to get it as soon as it comes out. I'm into strategy/puzzle/adventure-y type games more than straight action games. I like action/RPGs a fair bit too, been looking at Bastion.

Any recommendations based on this info?

Some games I've been considering buying:

Bastion

Glowfish

Bunch of Heroes

Dead Island

Demolition Inc.

LIMBO

i got on special offer about 8 "total war" games/addons.. it cost me about 20 euros. The onyl downside is the downloads are about 20 gig of stuff so i am doing it in 6gig chunks.

Another reccomendation is Magica. It look pretty good as a diablo style top down point and clicker but with thousands of combinations of spells to cast

I don't know what Steam is. Other things I've heard of that I know nothing about (but assume are games) is Tank Craft (?) and Team Fortress.

I played Wario Ware Smooth Moves for the Wii last night. I forgot it was single player only. Felt bad because I recommended it to some friends to rent out for a party.

Still an amazing game.

• Like 1

I have Bastion for the 360. It's a great game and definitely worth the money IMO. There's a free demo on Steam that you can try.

I liked Limbo a lot too, but it's very short and I haven't played it again. It's cheap on Steam at the moment though and there's also a free demo, so I think at its current price it's worth picking up.

I didn't like Dead Island. The game didn't seem very polished to me and I found it quite boring. Zombies would come at me, I'd hit them with something to knock them down, then I'd repeatedly kick them until they died and it seemed like I was doing that over and over again. I gave up on it after less than 2 hours and haven't been back to it since.

As you like strategy/puzzley/adventure type games, I would recommend Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes. It's available on Steam (it's £11.99 in the UK, so it's cheap) and there's also a demo. It fits the bill, because it's an RPG-type game, but the core game mechanic is a deep strategy/puzzle game. I absolutely loved it and got something like 25 hours out of the single player. It's one of those games that's easy to play, but hard to master and they bring in more depth to it as the game goes on, so it's challenging but you're never overwhelmed by being given way too many options too early on. You can also play online against other players, which is good fun.

The Binding Of Isaac

When you die in this game, do you always have to start right from the very beginning again?

Yes. It's a very weird game and it takes a while to get used to things like this. In one sense every time you die all of your progress is lost, but it's not completely true. The game becomes easier over time because there are tons of unlockables (characters, weapons, stats increases) that are more powerful but aren't available from the start. The no save/no restart thing is a bit annoying at first but after a while it adds so much to replay value once you get used to it. The entire game start to finish is probably under 1.5 hours (just the 5 or 6 levels you see once your beat one), but it's ridic hard. I've gotten to the last boss once.

Yea it's really hard to get used to because it's like wtf how do I ever beat it if I keep having to restart and lose progress? But you don't completely lose progress, it just comes in a different way that's actually kind of cool once you get into it.

I don't really understand what you said before about that Isaac game, Vek. You have that items screen that shows all of the items you've found and that doesn't get reset when you die, but you don't get to actually use those items once you're dead so you're still starting from scratch every time - unless I'm missing something.

I don't really understand what you said before about that Isaac game, Vek. You have that items screen that shows all of the items you've found and that doesn't get reset when you die, but you don't get to actually use those items once you're dead so you're still starting from scratch every time - unless I'm missing something.

Sorry, I'll make it a bit more clear. Basically there's X amount of items available for you to grab from the very start. Most of the strongest items only become available after you do certain things/achievements in the game, so although you don't start with them each new game, the fact that your chances of getting a strong item increase the more you play the easier it becomes. Also unlocking new characters makes it a bit easier. Stuff like that is how the game progresses.

• 2 months later...