Tapatalk support added

Steve

I've never actually used this app, but it seems a lot of people use it for browsing forums on a phone and Dirk mentioned it earlier, so I installed the plug-in on DV so you can access this site via the app now. Some of the features of DV will only work via a browser, but the core functionality should work fine in the app.

If you do use it, please turn off the "Posted from my iPhone via Tapatalk" sigs!

Posted from my Dell Vostro 400 via my fat fingers.

• Like 1

Thanks steve downloaded taptalk to try it out and im diggin it. Only one issue though on other forums vb software specifically the youtube embeds allow me to open them in different apps when i pick them. Such as the youtube ap xbmc etc. Would you be able to look into this? I believe it has to do with the embeds launching a new window. Thanks!

It makes the forum easier to browse on a phone. There's a mobile skin that should automatically be selected when you browse from phones, but Tapatalk formats the forum in a different way that some people prefer. Some of the site features will not work with Tapatalk though, such as the Cuntbox and voting in polls.

When you click on a YouTube vid (the title of the video inside the embedded player) it should open in a new window. Does it not do that in Tapatalk, as that would force the "choose which app you want to use to open this" dialogue box? If it doesn't, it may just be the way it parses the code as it'll work differently depending on the software that the forum is using. If you use other forums that use this forum software (Invision Power Board version 3.2.x) and it works on those, then I'll see what I can do, but I think you might be shit out of luck.

• 2 months later...

I installed the new update for this today. Changelog: -

IPBoard 3.x - Version 2.2.0

Update note:

1. add notification type support when subscribe(follow in ipboard)

2. add multi quote support when posting

3. add search and online user display permission check

4. add emoji package

5. fix display name issue topic/post result

6. fix password protected forum group exception issue

7. fix image upload size limit issue

8. fix ipb sphinx issue

9. fix reply number issue

10. fix short content issue in latest view

IPB 3.2 specific issue fix:

1. fix board statistic issue

2. fix avatar upload issue

3. fix report post/pm permission issue

4. fix online user issue

5. fix posting issue when it need approval before display

6. fix search topic/post issue

7. fix go to first unread post position issue

8. fix latest topic view time issue

9. fix subscribed topic view incorrect data issue

10. fix sub only forum status issue

Sweet! I still use it at least half the time. Only complaint I have (and may be fixed now) is topics not always get marked as read. Other than that it's great! Proboard app crashes a bit or I might use it some.

Been using it for a while to catchup on commute home. It good for txt but as already mentioned, YouTube links don't really work, then it marks the posts as read and I forget where the thread is n miss the vid ... I skipped the appstore n did a RapidShare search..

Sent by my piece of shit HTC wildfire