Starting out

Mwade

I am new to the production side of music,i am usually behind the mic,so here we go.

I have a emu mp7,akai mpk 49,and a computer full of software which includes fruity loops 9,

Reaper,acid70,ableton live,wavelab,audacity,edison,prophet v,ravity,and tons of famous producer

Drum kits and thousandsof songs for sampling.where do i get started,i am new to this soi need lots

As help with this what would u guys prefer or suggest.my youtube name is mwadeplayaspade,i uploaded

A video of the setup,check it out

Welcome to the forum mate. Here's the YouTube video: -

If you just copy and paste the full link, it'll automatically show as an embedded video on here.

I know nothing about production, but hopefully some of the other members can help you out.

Welcome to the forum mate. Here's the YouTube video: -

If you just copy and paste the full link, it'll automatically show as an embedded video on here.

I know nothing about production, but hopefully some of the other members can help you out.

Appreciate the help

I dunno if you are looking to do kind of sample-based or "original" production but I can suggest the whosampled.com website which lets you know who sampled who and how they used the sample in the tune. Kind of gives you an insight into how producers minds work and what kind of stuff they look for.

I think that's much more important than the tech you use.

put some of those samples into fruity loops and have some fun. Practise then practise some more. I been writing for ages but am still learning loads about probuction. It never stops...

I'd agree on Fruity Loops, it's a good piece of software to start on.

Choose a program to get started with and learn that, fruity or ableton would both be good choice, once you've done that put everything else aside and learn that program. Having loads of software available is more of a hindrance than a help, learn one thing properly then decide what to learn next.

put some of those samples into fruity loops and have some fun. Practise then practise some more. I been writing for ages but am still learning loads about probuction. It never stops...

I'd agree on Fruity Loops, it's a good piece of software to start on.

Word, I know a few people with albums out on good labels that just use Fruity Loops with a couple of VSTs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk741SEaE8w

This was made in Fruity Loops

Im a hip-hop artist.i wanna do some original music, but I also want to learn the sampling side of it too. Its just so much and I didn't know where to get started,i want to learn the software as well as the external devices I have

Errrrm, I'd suggest finding some hip hop tunes you like, finding out what samples they're made from then trying to recreate them and go from there. Why did you buy so much stuff before you even knew what to do with it?

Im tryn to figure out if and how I can take the words from an old song and use them minus the music

For some tracks you'll be able to find an acapella (a version of the song with only the vocals of a song playing) but if one doesn't exist you can also EQ and filter out most of the track to leave the vocal, though it will never sound anywhere as good as an acapella and will always contain parts of the song where frequencies from the vocal and the beat overlap.