3click delayed flare

• 1 month later...

Not to discourage you but the delayed 2 click flare does not sound anything like your 3 delayed clicks. I've been trying to do the delayed 2 click flares for over 3 years and still have not got it down. Yes, it is that difficult to figure it out. I've red many techniques and heard just about every damned file out there avaible, i'm not sure if you have it down correctly or i just need to be schooled by some of you guys.

How about posting a delayed 2 click flares? Thanks.

Guest Deeswift

I can't do delayed flares, and I don't care either. I don't even know what they sound like. I could learn easy enough but why bother? Too many people do the same old shit as it is. I would rather spend time developing my own techniques than do the same shit as everyone else.

As for 3-click flares, I "cheat" and do them like crab style with 3 fingers. If I can get into town by walking down a route that's 1 mile, or take the 2 mile route, I'm taking the first (and easier) option. Shitty analogy, but I'm not proud, I have nothing to prove. I get the exact same effect but smoother and I have an easier time doing it.

Right then. I'm off for a cut on the "Ah Yeah" sample.

Ive noticed the way people are breakin down the delayed flares on the boards it's total bullshit. No wonder people are findin it hard to learn.

It's got nothing to do with the record movement it's in the clicks, hence 'delayed clicks'.

And sorry pete but that sounds nothing like a delayed flare of any kind.

yup. ryan, u are correct. its not a D-3click. its this weird chirp/crescent move with kinda the same record movement as the D-2click. thas y i called it a D-3click. i can do a REAL D-3click now. this post was from over a month ago and it was when i just figured out the D-2. oh well, fukkit. i guess i'll just keep it to the head :z

I can't do delayed flares, and I don't care either. I don't even know what they sound like. I could learn easy enough but why bother? Too many people do the same old shit as it is. I would rather spend time developing my own techniques than do the same shit as everyone else.

DOOD!!! u of all ppl talkin bout u dont care if u learn a pattern. every pattern is BITTEN!!!! BITTEN!!!!! BITTEN!!!

BITING IS THA SHIT. fuk what any skratch head thinks. if you have musical talent, u can bite and MAAAAD EVOLVE. u say your developing your own techniques and what not. what are u evolving your cuts from? skratch? completely ALL NEW STYLE thats only been heard echoing in space. probably not. its all off the babys, transf, stabs, flare patterns. did u invent those?

sorry if i sound anal, but remarks like that get to me. the reason why is as i explained above. so my suggestion, SUGGESTION..... is go practice the delayed patterns and youll get sicker. learn everything. even the dumbest outta place shit. LEARN IT!!!! cuz one day u'll stumble upon something. i definitely dont need to tell you that :)

ps. ppl do the same ol shit becuz alot of ppl arent MUSICALLY talented. they dont explore the variations. they cant comprehend what they're ACTUALLY doing to the sound. once u get that understanding, there's only one way from there......... and thats UP!!!

im not trying to sound like im a guru or like i been in the game for the past thousand years. shiiiiiiiit, im a FUCKING NEWBIE

Guest Deeswift

DOOD!!! u of all ppl talkin bout u dont care if u learn a pattern. every pattern is BITTEN!!!! BITTEN!!!!! BITTEN!!!

BITING IS THA SHIT. fuk what any skratch head thinks. if you have musical talent, u can bite and MAAAAD EVOLVE. u say your developing your own techniques and what not. what are u evolving your cuts from? skratch? completely ALL NEW STYLE thats only been heard echoing in space. probably not. its all off the babys, transf, stabs, flare patterns. did u invent those?

sorry if i sound anal, but remarks like that get to me. the reason why is as i explained above. so my suggestion, SUGGESTION..... is go practice the delayed patterns and youll get sicker. learn everything. even the dumbest outta place shit. LEARN IT!!!! cuz one day u'll stumble upon something. i definitely dont need to tell you that :)

ps. ppl do the same ol shit becuz alot of ppl arent MUSICALLY talented. they dont explore the variations. they cant comprehend what they're ACTUALLY doing to the sound. once u get that understanding, there's only one way from there......... and thats UP!!!

im not trying to sound like im a guru or like i been in the game for the past thousand years. shiiiiiiiit, im a FUCKING NEWBIE

You missed my point, to be honest.

Agreed, I know guys who can do all the advance skratches (prisms, clover tears, all the new shit in Qbert DIY DVDs) and years later they still can't put it all down in one pattern or 8 bars, and it doesn't even look like they are progressing foward with the idea's of skratching.

They had the nerve to talk shit about me and not being able to do them skratches so I told to later on do them skratches for me and walk the walk. We had a electro skratch session and MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

End of story.

Guest Deeswift

Agreed, I know guys who can do all the advance skratches (prisms, clover tears, all the new shit in Qbert DIY DVDs) and years later they still can't put it all down in one pattern or 8 bars, and it doesn't even look like they are progressing foward with the idea's of skratching.

They had the nerve to talk shit about me and not being able to do them skratches so I told to later on do them skratches for me and walk the walk. We had a electro skratch session and MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

End of story.

Nice one.

Pete, I'm trying to say it's easy to get hung up on doing scratches a certain way. Everyone is aiming for the same thing. That's it. DJ's are sounding like robot clones these days, they forget about flow, they forget soul, it's all about the reverse turbo delayed triple tear prism tweak. I can't identify with it