the streets....

tekniq

WTF...i just downloaded a grand doesnt come for free.....i dont know what you guys have over there as far as music/hiphop in the UK but this last album was totally GARBAGe. the concept was cool basically describing events from beginning to end, but the beats/lyrics are kinda wack. its a shame because i was kinda digging original pirate material.

Any comments??

speak on that shit...

p.s. im guessing Gaff means crib?

i haven't heard many of the tracks from his album, but apparently it is nowhere near as good as his first one. i thought his first one was pretty good, some good beats in there.

and yes, gaff means house...

Listen to X2K. Try, Kashmere, Klashnekov, Mystro, Junior Disprol, Jehst, Taskforce, Phi Life Cypher, P Brothers, Cappo, Foreign Beggars.

For older stuff, Yeah try Hijak, Demon Boyz, MC Mello, Hardnoise, Cash Crew, Silent Eclipse.

DO NOT CHECK THE STREETS. He is not good. He is not UK Hip Hop. He is shit.

Don't forget the mighty Gunshot too. They did some good stuff. I've got a stack of old Hijack and Gunshot on a CD a guy sent me. Stuff I'd never even heard before, plus a live Hijack concert.

I would definitely agree that The Streets are not hip hop though. Don't think that it's representative of the UK scene because it's not at all. It's chav music.

Don't forget the mighty Gunshot too. They did some good stuff. I've got a stack of old Hijack and Gunshot on a CD a guy sent me. Stuff I'd never even heard before, plus a live Hijack concert.

I still have Patriot Games and a couple of 12s on wax.

Infact for old shit, fuck it. Krispy 3 are the shit.