I bought a Sansa Clip+

Steve

It doesn't feel that strong when you put your finger in it, but it's strong enough so it won't fall off your clothes as the player itself is really light. At least, it's never fallen off mine when I'm walking around or riding my bike.

The output of digital audio players was capped at 100 dB in Europe 15+ years ago (which is loud enough!), but the EU proposed a new law in 2008/9 that would lower it to 85. I don't know if that was ever implemented, or whether manufacturers just set the maximum volume level of their players lower pre-emptively in case the law passed (plus there is also variance from player to player), but some people find the output of Sandisk's players to be too low. If you set the language of the player to English - Rest of the World, it removes the volume cap designed for European countries.

Saying "make sure" you do it was probably a bit strong on my part, because you may find it perfectly loud enough without doing that, but I have seen 1 star reviews for Sandisk players based on the volume output being too low for that particular person and obviously they don't realise that there is a way to remove the volume cap.

Thanks for that, I do like it loud!

I only went for the 4GB as I'll only be using it for exercise (my iPhone / iPod Classic takes care of normal audio duties) plus I'm sure I have a MicroSD card somewhere.

Should be here Friday :)

i actually bought one of these before christmas for the gym... my brother was in the states so i got it for about 30 dollars.

its a great wee thing. obviously yeah ,shit headphones.