Cool Edit Pro 2 Problem

Steve

I was making a track in the multitrack view of Cool Edit, when I right clicked somewhere by mistake. A little box popped up that had a volume slider on it and a drop down box. In the drop down, it said "Wave Mapper". I didn't know what it was for, so I left it alone and just clicked the X to close it. Now, when I load the session up and play it or try and record, it's stuttering and jumping like a bitch. It's not down to my PC, because this is only a short track and I've had far bigger sessions open in the past with no problems.

Any ideas what I did wrong doods? Do you think it will just affect that one session, or all future sessions?

Yeah, but it seems to make no difference. I can go to Device Properties and either select Wave Mapper or my soundcard, a Creative Labs. No matter which I select, it stutters like fuck. I'm assuming I should use my sound card as the default device?

I dunno what I did, but thankfully I was 90% done with the track and I've managed to finish it since.

'wave mapper' sounds like it might be something like the beat mapper in acid pro. If it is, then it probably would stutter because it is timestretching the wav. I'll have a play n see if i can work it out.

It's not an effect or anything mate. If you click Options then either Device Properties or Device Order you can either choose Wave Mapper or your sound card. It's the same with Skype and I found that if I choose Wave Mapper in Skype, my CPU hits 100%.