DMC World Final results

Jon

World Supremacy Winner: Switch

World Team Championships: 1st: Kireek, 2nd: Trauma Team, 3rd: Bionic Stylus.

Did anyone go? How did Deceptakut do? Who was good? Were Trauma Team robbed or did Kireek bring some next level h33t?

There a list of the 6 minute finalists anywhere?

Algeria DJ Kwon On

Austria DJ Brickfinga

Belgium DJ Cross

Brazil Erick Jay

China DJ HBD

Czech & Slovakia DJ Five

Denmark DJ Graded

France Ligone

Germany Crazy Cuts

Italy DJ Mandrayq

Japan DJ Blu

Norway DJ Chizzy

Portugal DJ Slim Cuts

Singapore DJ Ghetto

South Africa DJ Niffty

Spain DJ Pimp

Sweden DJ ALX

Switzerland A-kut

Taiwan DJ Afro

Thailand DJ Ma

UK Jeppa

USA DJ Etronik

RUNNER UP 2009 Co-Ma

Guest loop skywalker

Solo,switch and getback were the standout djs in the supremacy and i think this was switchs best year,overall i thought the standard was quite poor.

Teams...Bionic Stylus rocked the fuck out of it....they had the best set there hands down,kireek were boring...not sure trauma team came off as good as they have done a couple of years back.....overall a very expensive trip to watch my mates get fuced over...apart from switch of course...a lesson learned for next year...stay at home and get results on internet

Solo,switch and getback were the standout djs in the supremacy and i think this was switchs best year,overall i thought the standard was quite poor.

Teams...Bionic Stylus rocked the fuck out of it....they had the best set there hands down,kireek were boring...not sure trauma team came off as good as they have done a couple of years back.....overall a very expensive trip to watch my mates get fuced over...apart from switch of course...a lesson learned for next year...stay at home and get results on internet

Tonights results

1st. Ligone Frane

2nd. Co-ma Japan

3rd Blu Japan

Is it just digital and not the option of digital/analogue? that's shit if it's the case. scratching on any dvs sounds awful- I've never found a dvs that lets me do all the scratches i can do on vinyl. handcontrol just doesn't feel right for me....

on the plus side I like having the ability to have skipless records for juggling, which is what really threw me off this year, but i'd want to use regular vinyl for cutting

I cant see that they would stop you hitting the phono/line switch...

I hope not! I just read on Sole One's facebook that Tony Prince said that it's all digital next year no analogue, but that may have been a misunderstanding or not a proper explanation of the new rules.

In the teams you have the option of serato and/or vinyl I think.

i'm just pissed i missed seein this in person...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBuFNE26CIM

(he's not world champ, as it looks when the text is cut off, he's from SA)

my favourite bit of this is genuinely 4.44-4.46

i can feel my bitterness building.

how is it more people on the planet were able to build a set in 99 than now.

i'm nearly 30 you know.... :z

I will await a transcript of Tony Prince's "DMC goes digital" speech before commenting. He has a habit of getting a tad carried away when a microphone is close by.

Even then, the whole event is in need of a shakeup. Being able to use a DVS isn't enough - it's just more convenient for the battlers.

if dmc goes digital only then its dead.

its half dead already in my opinion.

to me DMC always meant, u turn up and use ur vinyl and show what u can do on a technics mixer and 2 technics turntables. thats it.

with all the bells and whistles its become watered down

I watched Ligone's winning set today. Respect to his obvious skills but it left me absolutely cold.

When Netik did his winning set, I was absolutely blown away - partly because I was there, but mainly because it was fresh and new. But the rot set in all to quickly, and now I find myself wanting to hear music that I actually recognise. Battle DJs are in danger of not being DJs anymore and will instead be musicians or producers who are simply chopping their compositions into handy bitesized scratchable lumps.