bpm tagger?

2tall

Word. I use Mixed in Key for what it's worth...

Another alternative for both harmonic and bpm tagging is Rapid Evolution which is just like Mixed in Key but free (Tags BPM too)

.... Serato does it for you these days. Open it when its not plugged in and its next to 'analyse files' tick set auto BPM, you can even change the range so that if you doing dubstep say, it knows to put it at 70 or 140, depending on what you tell it to.

EDIT: oops, think i must have read this wrong

But then what's the point. I do narrow it some but I want to drop in my whole library and walk away not try and pick thru my hiphop, rock and mashup folders and presort.... those are the ones that give me problems.

SSL doesn't do a great job if you throw a wide range of BPMs at it. It'll half or double time BPMs unless you give it a beat range to work with. So don't be trying to do dubstep at the same time as techno or it will give you less than good result. Actually, thats much the same for all DVSs.

But then what's the point. I do narrow it some but I want to drop in my whole library and walk away not try and pick thru my hiphop, rock and mashup folders and presort.... those are the ones that give me problems.

never been a big deal for me, I just select all the ones which are clearly double or half timed and alt arrow key them and presto. What it is crap at are acapellas! But that's understandable considering there's no beat. Its been bugging me too that instrumentals can be different keys than the full version with lyrics.

True that... for some reason tho, Serato used to reset the BPM back to the old one when I'd change it. And not right away... it would wait until I played it and then go back upon selection--made me insane.