Dopp's art

doppelkorn

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With pleasure. Anyone have any iconic photos - rap or ptherwise - they could see working as a print? I could have a stab at whatever you like. Nothing too "busy" though cos I've got to dig it out of a piece of lino smaller than a birthday card.

This would work:

If you want one Dirk i'll do some in black in a couple of weeks and tidy them up a bit. Is black ok? I'll send you a few over.

Anyone else? I'm thinking of doing maybe a few others...

Black would b rad. Can you sign it too... Maybe in silver pen or something cool? Thanks! XO.

With pleasure. Anyone have any iconic photos - rap or ptherwise - they could see working as a print? I could have a stab at whatever you like. Nothing too "busy" though cos I've got to dig it out of a piece of lino smaller than a birthday card.

J/K. One of Fela Kuti or George Clinton (or Bootsy) would be so fucking awesome.

J/K. One of Fela Kuti or George Clinton (or Bootsy) would be so fucking awesome.

Dirk if you can get me a decent colour image of George Clinton I've got an idea of how I can do something hopefully quite cool. I used to have some Parliament LPs but I sold 'em. All the Google image results are of him now and he's kind of old-lookin' (as he is old).

• 2 weeks later...

A naked lady, unfinished.

Let's keep the obvious comments to a minimum.

Also Dirk if you've got a George Clinton pic you want as a print i need it by next Tuesday latest!!

Work in progress on the multicolour Clinton print. Do not view if you don't want to see the half finished prints!! Also if you reckon you'd like one (for free) let me know now.

One of the test prints

Another, earlier test print. Spot the difference!

The block lined up. The one on the left is the black one used for the prints above and the others will be yellow, blue and red once they're cut.

One has more beard detail, right?

Correct BUT the one with less beard detail is the later one. I only carved the beard quite light for the forst one but I rolled the ink on quite thin so the beard showed through quite well. Then on the second one (confusingly pic 1 on here) I actually carved the beard out way more in the block but I put the ink on much thicker so it showed through less!

Anyway the other minor difference was on the tip of the nose. In the earler pic he's got a big black line running up it which I removed.

So that's it. Some bits didn't turn out like I'd hoped for a variety of reasons but it's got its charms and it's pretty obvious who it is AND the face looks kinda cool. Sorry for the bad picture.

So I have 5 of these to give away. Dirk and Jimmy and Doob are down so the first two to reply will get one.