What was the last record/CD/tape/8-track you bought?

Jon

Guest Symatic

oh and of course! i grabbed a copy of Schooly D's album Schooly D, rapped by Schooly D, produced by Schooly D, and distributed by Schooly D for Schooly D records, part of Schooly D inc.

PSK what the fuck does it mean?

As well as an awesome pun, it was a real question - i can't keep up with all the craaazy names these days!

I'm sure there's a beard scratcher who will have a specific name for it but I'd just call it house or 'bass music'.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest petesasqwax

2 copies of the control vinyl that came with Torque ;~ )

those aside, shit... I dunno. some stuff of Discogs. I seem to be mildly addicted to buying sick psych records I already have a copy of. I bought a few copies of the United States of America album when I happened across them & passed one on to Wrongtom (who couldn't grasp why I would want to give it away but didn't know how much of a nerd I am about seeing shit in shops for cheap and thinking "if I don't get it it'll just sit there gathering dust and it's way too sick to let that happen")

ask me again once the vinyl of Chillin With Dead Bodies In A B-Boy Stance drops and I'm sure you'll already know the answer...

my gf went to the states last weekend and came back with a few gems for me, bless her heart

the 2 big ones are Jam On It by Newcleus, and I Can't Wait by Nu Shooz, oh baby

Can you seriously not get these in Canada? Now I can just picture going into a record shop and them having wall to wall Bryan Adams tapes :p

Vancouver is okay for records, Ottawa, I assume Toronto/Montreal, other big cities etc. But I live far from any of these centers. It's wall-to-wall Nana Mouskouri up in here generally. Luckily I bro down with the local record shop owner and he hooks me up pretty nice, but still.

I mentioned those records because I was stoked on them, should I only be mentioning records that are like ACTUALLY rare? I'll try harder next time

#humbleandchastened

I mentioned those records because I was stoked on them, should I only be mentioning records that are like ACTUALLY rare? I'll try harder next time

#humbleandchastened

Haha no mate, I couldn't give a toss about rare records to be honest, as long as they're good (which those two are). Nobody here's that into that raer gorove stuff I think. It's just the way you said that she came back from that big ol' country with "I can't wait" made me smile. Like the whole village gathers round on her return as she produces the 12" from a bag to gasps of delight :d

I always thought that the P stood for the people, who can't understand how one homeboy became a man. S for the way we scream and shout. One by one I'm knocking out. K for the way my DJ's cutting (and so on...).

• 1 month later...

Not a record, but I just bought this: -

1.jpg

2.jpg

The silver thing is actually credit card-sized USB stick. You pull out a ribbon from one end and it plugs into your PC. It contains all of the mixes in the Original series, including the very latest one (which I don't think has been released yet). There's also the original Original mix on tape and a booklet about the series.

Iron Maiden's debut album "iron maiden" released in 1980...

It's a classic I never actually owned, but fuck me is it amazing.

Anybody able to come up with riffs like these is a legend:

Then I also finally got round to buying led zeppelin's "mothership"...

Both just class albums I had to own.

• 3 weeks later...

Not a record, but I just bought this: -

post-2-0-43285100-1330528361.jpg

post-2-0-10464800-1330528376.jpg

The silver thing is actually credit card-sized USB stick. You pull out a ribbon from one end and it plugs into your PC. It contains all of the mixes in the Original series, including the very latest one (which I don't think has been released yet). There's also the original Original mix on tape and a booklet about the series.

Nice. Dope mixes.